Thread: I was asked to cover up by a off duty LMPD Officer a week ago.

Post imported post

I was at walmart getting groceries and this guy walks up to me and ask if im a police officer when I say no, he flash's his badge and tells me he needs me to cover up with my shirt. I tell him I cant due to not having CDWP, and hes said ok, but that if another cop saw me with my gun they would take it from me due to the it being considered conceld in my holster.

Which I know is B.S., I carry a S&W M&P in a black serpa retention holster and Im wearing a cream colored outfit, so I know their is no way anyone could miss my gun

Post imported post

Doesn't this seem illogical: He asks you to cover it up, basically CONCEAL it. And then says that another cop would take your gun becaust it's CONCEALED by your holster!

It's laughable:shock:

Post imported post

Betcha he wasn't a cop.:?

Post imported post

I would have got his name and reported him to the supervisor. No excuse for that.

Post imported post

chris in va wrote:
    I would have got his name and reported him to the supervisor.* No excuse for that.
    I would have but I was with my mom at the time and she was kinda freaking out, so I let it go.

Post imported post

What is it with Wal-mart? I had a close experience in the same manner with a gentleman. All I heard from him at first sight was... "I hope you have a badge for that" I simply told him I do not have a badge, I am not a cop... he went on to tell me how he got in trouble for carrying openly, I asked where he had it.. he said tucked in his pants.. I said that is not open and he got in toruble for breaking the law. I am legal the way I stand....

That was a fast wrap up.. come to find out the guy has his CCDW and is still harassing me for carrying openly? Informing me of my laws on carrying?

Not trying to hijack your thread, just expressing that I understand the situation...
    I got a gun for my wife.. good trade!

Post imported post

med9044 wrote:
    I was at walmart getting groceries and this guy walks up to me and ask if im a police officer when I say no, he flash's his badge and tells me he needs me to cover up with my shirt. I tell him I cant due to not having CDWP, and hes said ok, but that if another cop saw me with my gun they would take it from me due to the it being considered conceld in my holster.

Which I know is B.S., I carry a S&W M&P in a black serpa retention holster and Im wearing a cream colored outfit, so I know their is no way anyone could miss my gun
    ROFL!!

Now it's considered concealed by being carried in a holster? haha! That's the funniest anti-OC (no CCDW license) retort I've seen thus far on these forums!

I suppose he expects a gun to magically adhere to the waist, without being touched, and still maintain some degree of retention. I want one of those holsters! This one is a classic!

Second, his "order" is not lawful, and carries no legal weight, IMHO.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Statesman wrote:
    med9044 wrote:

ROFL!!

Now it's considered concealed by being carried in a holster? haha! That's the funniest anti-OC (no CCDW license) retort I've seen thus far on these forums!

I suppose he expects a gun to magically adhere to the waist, without being touched, and still maintain some degree of retention. I want one of those holsters! This one is a classic!

Second, his "order" is not lawful, and carries no legal weight, IMHO.
    In Mississippi the cop would have been correct. But not in Kentucky.
    You know the rules, cite please.

Post imported post

Wow! I was wondering that myself, how the state of MS could considered a holstered weapon concealed. Thanks for citing.

What about a clear plastic holster? Hmmmmm...

Post imported post

So if you don't have a concealed carry permit I guess you should just walk around with your gun in your hand. You would be quicker to resond if you needed it!

Post imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
    Wow! I was wondering that myself, how the state of MS could considered a holstered weapon concealed. Thanks for citing.

What about a clear plastic holster? Hmmmmm...
    In MS, it would be concealed "in part" by the portion against your body.

The only legal unlicensed OC in MS, is via a dowel up the barrel, over your head, with the entire exterior of the pistol visible in a 360 degree circle.

Technically, there is no such thing as "OC" in MS: a licensed person may carry holstered, and even though the gun is visible, it's "concealed in part" according to case law.

Post imported post

Yeah well I got frisked in the frozen food isle of chinamart.