Thread: Lookin for to buy a black powder, "parade gun"

Post imported post

allready see at cabelas they got a 44 cal old army that would be just fine. for 130$.

i think it would be good for rallies and tea parties to dress as old patriot, with old black powder on one side, with new tech, modern side armon the other side to show the timelessness of the "right to keep and bear arms" for all to see!

maybe a six shooter is too modern for this comparrison, but i dont want to carry a single shot. that would be toorisky!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    allready see at cabelas they got a 44 cal old army that would be just fine. for 130$.

i think it would be good for rallies and tea parties to dress as old patriot, with old black powder on one side, with new tech, modern side armon the other side to show the timelessness of the "right to keep and bear arms" for all to see!

maybe a six shooter is too modern for this comparrison, but i dont want to carry a single shot. that would be toorisky!
    What's it matter if you're also carrying a modern sidearm for actual defense? The cap & ball revolver didn't come on the scene till nearly a century after the first revolution.

Now if you were dressing the part I think you could get away with OCing a musket or flintlock rifle, THAT would be sweet :celebrate
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

PM me, I have a couple cap & ball shooters to part with. One .44, one .36

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    SNIP The cap & ball revolver didn't come on the scene till nearly a century after the first revolution.
    Just a little tune-up on the history for readers. Not even particularly intended as a contradiction.

Revolution: 1776-1781 (7 years, inclusive)

First cap-and-ball revolver: Colt Paterson 1836

1781-1836 = 55 years.

Colt Paterson revolver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Paterson

Colt Walker revolver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Colt
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    SNIP The cap & ball revolver didn't come on the scene till nearly a century after the first revolution.
    1781-1836 = 55 years.

Hence the disclaimer, "nearly" *smack*
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    1781-1836 = 55 years.
    Hence the disclaimer, "nearly" *smack*
    Lemme come and work "nearly" an eight hour day for you. :P

Or, buy some of your nicer guns at "nearly" fair-market value. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    Just a little tune-up on the history for readers. Not even particularly intended as a contradiction.

Revolution: 1776-1781 (7 years, inclusive)

First cap-and-ball revolver: Colt Paterson 1836

1781-1836 = 55 years.

Colt Paterson revolver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Paterson

Colt Walker revolver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Colt
    now im seein that i need a flint lock! (damn history!!)

thinkin about building my own, new tools, old tech.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Here Ya Go

Edit to change picture

Post imported post

Do a search for middlesex village trading company they seem to specalize in reproduction early smooth bores. The also have SXS flintlock pistols if you need more than one shot. I have there DBL BBL 20 gauge flintlock. When I got it it had few problems and they had it repaired and back to me in a week. I have thought of going to a tea party with it for the same reason. If you go with a flintlock you have to use real black powder(good luck finding it) and also I found that it is easer to use the same powder(grain size) for both the load and prime(buying ffffg for prime is a waist of money expecaly if you are in a humid area.

Post imported post

If you go with a flintlock you have to use real black powder(good luck finding it)
    http://www.powderinc.com/catalog/order.htm
    Ships right to your door.
    That's where I get my BP.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
    If you go with a flintlock you have to use real black powder(good luck finding it)
    http://www.powderinc.com/catalog/order.htm
    Ships right to your door.
    That's where I get my BP.
    Isnt the hasmat fee more expensive than the powder and shipping combined?

Post imported post

Powder inc's prices include shipping and hazmat fees.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I buy BP in 50# lots twice a year and it averages $11 per pound.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I buy BP in 50# lots twice a year and it averages $11 per pound.
    How do you go through 100 lbs a year. I go through 3 lbs and my wife tells me I spend to much time hunting.

Post imported post

I shoot competetively with Sharps and Hiwall BP cartridge. 4 matches a month ( 160 rounds plus sighters, and practice time) at 100 rounds per pound of powder it does not take long to burn 50# and then there is hunting season.....

Post imported post

That's a heap of shooting. I don't even come close to that with my cannons, mortars and flare launchers.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    at 100 rounds per pound of powder.....
    What caliber are you shooting to use 70grains per shot.

Post imported post

45-70, 45-90, 50-70, 40-65.