Thread: What is Open Carry?

Post imported post

I just got my first pistol - a Kimber Pro Carry Series 1, with a paddle holster.
    I'm not a resident, but I am in S. central MO, atm, so I'll be checking in the MO forum.

I think .gov is coming after We the People. I'm behind the curve, and time is short. To make matters worse, some locals have no clue, and even continue to trust .gov...

With cold weather, a jacket would cover a piece holstered on a belt. It seems that would be concealed.

So, how do you open carry, while trying to keep warm and/or dry?
    I will do no paperwork, for a right that shall not be infrnged. A CCW denies the right, and makes paperwork and unnecessary costs.

Post imported post

Welcome. I suppose you will have to be very inventive.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

For cold weather OC, you might look into a bandileer style rig that can be worn over a coat. I think their are some jackets that are slotted for a hip holster as well.

Be sure to study up on the gun laws of your state, as well as, other states that you may fequent. They do vary.

Post imported post

Three words. Drop leg holster.

They're available just about everywhere.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Post imported post

I'd like to see an OC hat holster. Wear your gun smack in the middle of your forehead.

Or, maybe, like those beer straw hat things... except instead of cup holders for beer, have dual holsters and they hang down like flaps over your ears to keep them warm.... Big furry holsters on your head.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    I'd like to see an OC hat holster. Wear your gun smack in the middle of your forehead.

Or, maybe, like those beer straw hat things... except instead of cup holders for beer, have dual holsters and they hang down like flaps over your ears to keep them warm.... Big furry holsters on your head.
    'You gotta quit smokin' whatever that is...

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I'd like to see an OC hat holster.* Wear your gun smack in the middle of your forehead.

Or, maybe, like those beer straw hat things...* except instead of cup holders for beer, have dual holsters and they hang down like flaps over your ears to keep them warm....* Big furry holsters on your head.
    i'm just like this naturally... :celebrate
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:

i'm just like this naturally... :celebrate
    I don't think I'd ah told dat.....

Post imported post

I can see Chris Matthew's MSNBC story now:

"Right wing opencarry.org man proposes people should carry guns on their head."

Post imported post

Another option would be to get a duty belt, belt keepers, and a duty holster with the jacket slot. I think a drop leg holster is a bit "tacticool" for my tastes.

Post imported post

I wonder if I could make it into a servo-controlled turret.... You know, in case you're too lazy to turn your neck...

Post imported post

I googled bigfurryholster .com and came up with something I doubt is the right one. I just wear a waist length coat and tuck the jacket behind my holster.. but I have many 3/4 and full length dusters and it does cause a problem with OC, I do not have a CHL so have to worry about such things as well..

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    I googled bigfurryholster.com
    Good lord, knowing that 80% or more of the internet is of a certain type of material, I dare not imagine what I would find if I actually went to that address.....

Post imported post

rodbender, I appreciate the welcome.
    I know a lot of stuff, but I ain't too smart...

T
    hank you, Taskforce 16. The bandilieer style might be a little better option, than a new jacket. I have a hard time, finding what I like. It is more a practicle consideration.

hp-hobo wrote:
    Three words. Drop leg holster.

They're available just about everywhere.
    Thanks for that picture. That could well be a good option.

Thank you, spyderdude. I'll look into the duty belt options. I'm with you, on the tacticool aspect. If they're everywhere, there might be some versions that are slimmed down.

JBURGH, the waist length coat sounds like it is my best option. Such a coat is my favorite, as well. I guess I just need to put it on, and see how it goes.

Thanks for all your replies.
    This is going to be an all new experience.