• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new method of UOC?

mjones

imported post

Personally I would never carry with the slide locked open - I'm not so much worried about a LEO e-check as I am 2 legged verman knowing its not loaded.

I'd also never carry with an exposed trigger...though I suppose its a moot point unloaded with the slide locked open.

Heck you might have just started a new gangsta-phat-jewlery fad :celebrate

chewy352

imported post

I do like the idea of having a retention Lanyard. It at least gives you more time to remind an ignorant LEO that if you passed the 12031 check that he has to give you your gun back. Ill be looking into getting one soon.

wewd

imported post

I carry holstered with a coiled pistol lanyard. The lanyard is looped through the pistol's lanyard hole (no quick release) and the other end is secured on my belt. The coiled cord is wrapped around the holster from the back and does not interfere with the drawing of the gun. I would have to take off my belt to remove it, or someone would have to cut it. It's another level of retention and would also serve to dissuade a cop from walking off to his patrol car with it to run the serial, which is an illegal search and seizure and fourth amendment violation. I'm just trying to protect the cop from a federal lawsuit.

chewy352

imported post

wewd wrote:
I carry holstered with a coiled pistol lanyard. The lanyard is looped through the pistol's lanyard hole (no quick release) and the other end is secured on my belt. The coiled cord is wrapped around the holster from the back and does not interfere with the drawing of the gun. I would have to take off my belt to remove it, or someone would have to cut it. It's another level of retention and would also serve to dissuade a cop from walking off to his patrol car with it to run the serial, which is an illegal search and seizure and fourth amendment violation. I'm just trying to protect the cop from a federal lawsuit.
Have you ever had a cop try to remove it? If so please tell the story.

wewd

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Have you ever had a cop try to remove it? If so please tell the story.

I have not yet had an encounter, and I have carried 3 feet away from cops without them noticing I was armed. I would of course refuse to remove the lanyard if asked/ordered, as the lanyard does not in any way interfere with the officer's ability to conduct an inspection of the weapon in accordance with PC 12031(e).