Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Virginia Veterans Day OC Lunch

Post imported post

It would be very cool to celebrate Veterans Day 2009 by exercising the very American right to bear arms, to celebrate that which so many heroes sacrificed to preserve and protect.

Is there a Veterans Day OC event already planned for the northern Virginia area?

(Most government and public school locations should be closed, so that should help make for an OC-friendly day!)

How about theLongHorn Steakhouse in Chantilly?

We could plan this for the day before, 10 November, if a non-holiday would be better.

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    It would be very cool to celebrate Veterans Day 2009 by exercising the very American right to bear arms, to celebrate that which so many heroes sacrificed to preserve and protect.

Is there a Veterans Day OC event already planned for the northern Virginia area?

(Most government and public school locations should be closed, so that should help make for an OC-friendly day!)

We could plan this for the day before, 10 November, if a non-holiday would be better.

I love LongHorn.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Regular_Joe wrote:

I love LongHorn.
    Can you make a lunch there on this day?

Post imported post

Typically McCormick and Schmidts (sp?) has a "free" lunch in Tysons. All they ask is that you take care of the wait staff...Done it two times already....

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Regular_Joe wrote:

I love LongHorn.
    Can you make a lunch there on this day?
    I would but I have no idea if I'll be in town that far down the road...with my work load I really have no idea what I'll be up to even next weekend.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Typically McCormick and Schmidts (sp?) has a "free" lunch in Tysons. All they ask is that you take care of the wait staff...Done it two times already....
    Free to OC'ers?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    Free to OC'ers?
    Free to veterans - a way of thanking them for their service.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Can folks make a weekday lunch?

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Regular_Joe wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    Free to OC'ers?
    Free to veterans - a way of thanking them for their service.

Yata hey
    Oh really now? I may have to check them out.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Did this idea die? No, I'm not willing to organize it, but I'm more than willing to show up.

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    Did this idea die? No, I'm not willing to organize it, but I'm more than willing to show up.
    If yous (ya'll) go to Tyson's I can make it. I actually have to work this veteran's day but I can take a long lunch. I'm down if any body else is.

So M&S at Tysons?November 11. Time?

Post imported post

FYI the day for the free meal is the 8th, not the 11th.

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/...ation-Day.aspx

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    FYI the day for the free meal is the 8th, not the 11th.

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/...ation-Day.aspx
    Thanks Nakedshoplifter for the heads up. So, that would be a sunday. Anyone interested.

Note, their website says "in an effort to accommodate as many Veterans as possible, restaurants will not be able to seat parties larger than 6."

Reservations required.

may not be able to do a big OC lunch due to the small party number- Hubby and I plus kids are already 4. But maybe we'll just see each other there

Post imported post

FYI: Golden Corral has their appreciation dinner onMonday Nov 16. No reservation required and it's not limited to Vets, active duty are welcome as well.

We (OCDO) go every year. I work in DC so the earliest I can get out there is about 6pm. If anyone else wants to join me you're more than welcome! Since I'm driving directly from DC I will not be carrying.

Golden Corral
    10801 BULLOCH DRIVE
    Manassas VA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ah the human feeding trough! As much as I hate to admit it, it is a good place and quite suitable for large groups...
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    FYI: Golden Corral has their appreciation dinner onMonday Nov 16. No reservation required and it's not limited to Vets, active duty are welcome as well.

We (OCDO) go every year. I work in DC so the earliest I can get out there is about 6pm. If anyone else wants to join me you're more than welcome! Since I'm driving directly from DC I will not be carrying.

Golden Corral
    10801 BULLOCH DRIVE
    Manassas VA
    Don't suppose anyone wants to go to the one in Harrisonburg, do they?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    I don't mind organizing it - small price to pay for the huge benefit I have gained from OCDO.

Question: Do we want to go forward with the lunch @ Chantilly Longhorn (http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/locator/map.asp?RestaurantID=5222) on 11/10 or 11/11?

Or, just meet for dinner @ Manassas Golden Corral (http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=10801%2...;gid1=12410232) on 11/16?

(Edited: And why aren't there URL embedding tags in the edit controls like there are for images, multimedia objects...?!?)

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    Riana wrote:
    I don't mind organizing it - small price to pay for the huge benefit I have gained from OCDO.

Question: Do we want to go forward with the lunch @ Chantilly Longhorn on 11/10 or 11/11?

Or, just meet for dinner @ Manassas Golden Corral on 11/16?
    I'm up for either. I think Golden Corral tends to be a bit more economical for families, and there's a minimum of whining from people about what they can have (since GC has just about everything). Downside is, it may (probably will be) quite crowded, if it's their free-dinner-for-vets night, and when it's crowded, it gets loud.

I've OC'd there without a problem, though. If we choose GC, we should try and get a head-count early, and reserve an area if we can.

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    Regular_Joe wrote:
    Riana wrote:

Question: Do we want to go forward with the lunch @ Chantilly Longhorn on 11/10 or 11/11?

Or, just meet for dinner @ Manassas Golden Corral on 11/16?
    I'm up for either. I think Golden Corral tends to be a bit more economical for families, and there's a minimum of whining from people about what they can have (since GC has just about everything). Downside is, it may (probably will be) quite crowded, if it's their free-dinner-for-vets night, and when it's crowded, it gets loud.

I've OC'd there without a problem, though. If we choose GC, we should try and get a head-count early, and reserve an area if we can.
    My wife and I would visit the local Golden Corral on Veterans Day before it closed down - very crowded, but very cool for our kids to see veterans from WWII mixed in with the kids that just returned from Iraq/Afghanistan!

It did get crazy loud and crowded, though...

Post imported post

Is Longhorn giving away free food? Sorry to sound cheap, but I'm seeing nothing about Veteran appreciation on their site.

I don't think GC makes reservations. And it does get crowded and noisy there on Veterans night.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Is Longhorn giving away free food? Sorry to sound cheap, but I'm seeing nothing about Veteran appreciation on their site.

I don't think GC makes reservations. And it does get crowded and noisy there on Veterans night.
    I think you're right, that they don't make reservations, per se, but they like it if you call in advance and tell them you have a large party coming, so they can cordon off an area.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

M&S is a no go for us, wife can't eat SF and the kids don't care for it much.
    We'll be @ GC at around 5pm.

We will also be @ Applebee's on the Vets day.
    http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

So nothing has been decided yet?

Just curious (not busting balls). New guy here and I would love to come meet some of you guys and gals...

INEVER see anyone OC in FFX (even though I know they do) so it would be cool to find people in my area with the same interests.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    We will also be @ Applebee's on the Vets day.
    http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx
    Which Applebee's? Are you still in NoVA?

Post imported post

deleted -NSL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast