• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Virginia Veterans Day OC Lunch

Riana

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Is Longhorn giving away free food? Sorry to sound cheap, but I'm seeing nothing about Veteran appreciation on their site.

I don't think GC makes reservations. And it does get crowded and noisy there on Veterans night.
I think you're right, that they don't make reservations, per se, but they like it if you call in advance and tell them you have a large party coming, so they can cordon off an area.

Marco

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Is Longhorn giving away free food? Sorry to sound cheap, but I'm seeing nothing about Veteran appreciation on their site.

I don't think GC makes reservations. And it does get crowded and noisy there on Veterans night.
M&S is a no go for us, wife can't eat SF and the kids don't care for it much.
We'll be @ GC at around 5pm.

We will also be @ Applebee's on the Vets day.
http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

jmb_nova

imported post

So nothing has been decided yet?

Just curious (not busting balls). New guy here and I would love to come meet some of you guys and gals...

INEVER see anyone OC in FFX (even though I know they do) so it would be cool to find people in my area with the same interests.

jmb_nova

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
3 seats currently available

I have reserved a table for six at McCormick & Schmick's- Reston Town Center on Nov 8th at 1PM for Veterans Appreciation day (Note this is the seafood M&S, there is also a M&S Grill next door). The reservation is for 6 persons and the meal is free (bring cash for tip, also the meal is free... the drinks are not). The first three RSVP's in this thread who are Veterans get the three open seats. I'll edit the remaining seats as RSVP's come in.

Address:
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190

Current attendees:
NSL
Ed
Bohdi

EDIT: I looked at my dates wrong.

Can I grab one of your open seats? USMC vet here...

Regular_Joe

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
2seats currently available

I have reserved a table for six at McCormick & Schmick's- Reston Town Center on Nov 8th at 1PM for Veterans Appreciation day (Note this is the seafood M&S, there is also a M&S Grill next door). The reservation is for 6 persons and the meal is free (bring cash for tip, also the meal is free... the drinks are not). The first three RSVP's in this thread who are Veterans get the three open seats. I'll edit the remaining seats as RSVP's come in.

Address:
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190

Current attendees:
NSL
Ed
Bohdi
jmb_nova
I'll take Seat #3 if it is still available - Army vet!

Regular_Joe

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
It would be very cool to celebrate Veterans Day 2009 by exercising the very American right to bear arms, to celebrate that which so many heroes sacrificed to preserve and protect.

Is there a Veterans Day OC event already planned for the northern Virginia area?

(Most government and public school locations should be closed, so that should help make for an OC-friendly day!) ;)

How about the LongHorn Steakhouse in Chantilly?

We could plan this for the day before, 10 November, if a non-holiday would be better.
Just want to confirm that there is NOT going to be a Veterans Day OC lunch at Longhorn - check out this thread to see several excellent vet appreciation days at NoVA restaurants in early-mid November!

IanB

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
Actually you have seat #2.

1 seat currently available

I have reserved a table for six at McCormick & Schmick's- Reston Town Center on Nov 8th at 1PM for Veterans Appreciation day (Note this is the seafood M&S, there is also a M&S Grill next door). The reservation is for 6 persons and the meal is free (bring cash for tip, also the meal is free... the drinks are not). I'll edit the remaining seats as RSVP's come in.

Address:
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190

Current attendees:
NSL
Ed
Bohdi
jmb_nova

Regular_Joe

Regular_Joe

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
Actually you have seat #2.

1 seat currently available

I have reserved a table for six at McCormick & Schmick's- Reston Town Center on Nov 8th at 1PM for Veterans Appreciation day (Note this is the seafood M&S, there is also a M&S Grill next door). The reservation is for 6 persons and the meal is free (bring cash for tip, also the meal is free... the drinks are not). I'll edit the remaining seats as RSVP's come in.

Address:
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190

Current attendees:
NSL
Ed
Bohdi
jmb_nova

Regular_Joe
Cool - thanks! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Riana

imported post

Ah, the scheduling wackiness... I can't do dinner on the 11th due to tickets to a 7pm hockey game, and while I'd love to meet up at GC on the 16th, that's not going to happen either, because I'll be in NH that week.

We'll probably do lunch somewhere on the 11th, though, since hubby and son will be home with me. Maybe I talk talk hubby into carrying with me. :cool:

Marco

imported post

600x145-VETERANS-TOP-BOX.gif

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]For those men and women who have supported America in service to our country, we try to show our appreciation wherever we can.[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]This Veteran's Day, 11/11, Uno invites all members of the military, both veterans and active duty, to join us for a free entrée or individual pizza (with an entrée or pizza purchase of equal or greater value).

There's no coupon necessary, just show up in uniform, or with a picture of you in uniform, or with a military or veteran's ID – just show up! It will be our pleasure to serve you.

Help us spread the word. If you know someone who would appreciate this offer, please pass this information along to them.

[/font]

Cont_0.gif

[line]
For those that prefer Uno's.

It is great to see all these establishments Honor Vets/Active Military.

Harper1227

imported post

Riana wrote:
Ah, the scheduling wackiness... I can't do dinner on the 11th due to tickets to a 7pm hockey game, and while I'd love to meet up at GC on the 16th, that's not going to happen either, because I'll be in NH that week.

We'll probably do lunch somewhere on the 11th, though, since hubby and son will be home with me. Maybe I talk talk hubby into carrying with me. :cool:

Im surprised your hubby doesnt carry. i would imagine most men would be uncomfortable with the woman being 'in charge of' defense. The first time my husband let me carry his (when we had only one), it lasted about five minutes before he was like 'OK, give it back'.

what's you hubby's opinion of you carry? is he a gun guy and just doenst carry? or never liked them?

just curious

jmb_nova

imported post

I wish my wife would have a willingness to carry and the midset that comes with it.

I worry about her.... :?