• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry

wally1120

imported post

I know there are other threads on the site about what people carry but,lets start from scratch.

I carry a Springfield Armory XD Compact Bi-Tone 45 ACPEquiped with the xs nighters on her everyday,and night.Alongwith either a Taurus Millennium PT1119mm Luger or a Rossi M971 .357 MAG as my back-up banger. And I also have a CRKT Triumpth N.E.C.K knife in a pocket somewhere on my person.

autosurgeon

imported post

Taurus PT111 Mil Pro 9x19 or CZ 82 9x18

p1000962.jpg

p1090008.jpg

Michigander

imported post

For some reason I can't get pics I just took to upload, but I carry a P220 in a Safariland 6280 on a Raine belt. I use a GI 1911 mag pouch from the Vietnam era, but with the Alice clips removed and the stitching from the center removed so it can be secured to the belt in a sideways manner. I have a nice leather Galls pouch, but I prefer the GI version.

I would also still carry a large knife as a backup weapon and as a tool if I was still in a free state, but it's not a legal thing to do in Michigan at this time. :X

UCWT

imported post

1911 Kimber compact custom .45
1253399024.jpg

*Edit oh and thanks to a little shadetree gun smithing my clips both hold one more round with no feed issues yet :celebrate

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Michigander wrote:
For some reason I can't get pics I just took to upload, but I carry a P220 in a Safariland 6280 on a Raine belt. I use a GI 1911 mag pouch from the Vietnam era, but with the Alice clips removed and the stitching from the center removed so it can be secured to the belt in a sideways manner. I have a nice leather Galls pouch, but I prefer the GI version.

I would also still carry a large knife as a backup weapon and as a tool if I was still in a free state, but it's not a legal thing to do in Michigan at this time. :X
Ah, but there is a clause that says if it can be used for hunting or fishing, you can carry it. I carry a relatively large buck knife occasionally in a sheath on my belt. It's a non-folding knife, with a blade about 4 1/2 inches long. Local ordinances probably prohibit possession occasionally, but I've never been approached about it, even when I go in for a bar burger.

wally1120

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
That is one SEXY gun right there,I got a Compact Bi-Tone 45 and I love it. When I die and layed in the ground it is going with me. Im sure I will still need protection in hell,I hope that hell has a range also.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I have always like those little keltechs and have heard nothing but good from those that have them!!

Yeah, it's a pretty good gun so far. The price is great, and when I CC, it fits nicely into my pocket or my side holster.

I don't like to OC it because it's such a small gun. For some reason I have this belief that it's less intimidating to a would-be criminal. When I OC, I OC the .22 and have my .380 in my pocket because the .22 revolver would be very difficult to determine the caliber and a lot more of the gun shows.

Plus, if anyone ever tried to grab my OC gun, I would be able to get my .380 on them rather quickly. (Hope to hell this never happens, and if a LEO does it... sigh...)

Sorry... I went bit off topic. Start a new thread if ya wanna discuss my off topic stuff ;p

UCWT

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
I'm very poor. But I make do.

Kel-Tec .380 P3AT

H&R 930 .22 - 9shot

brah it beats throwing rocks!! If they go pop and lead comes flyin out alls good!!

I had to give up my S-10 short bed 30 over 283 4 speed to get mine. So I hear ya!! No shame in the game at least your in it!

wally1120

imported post

For everyone that has a Ruger SR9, if you have had it long how well do you like it? my mom just got one about 2 weeks ago and don`t relly know the track record on them.

blairellis

wally1120

imported post

Well the SR9 sounds like a decent little gun,Nights sights will probley come out for the gun fairly soon for it. Also looking to get a holster for it,Any ideas? she dont want to spend 50-60 bucks like I did for my serpa for my springer.