• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry

T Vance

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Well the SR9 sounds like a decent little gun,Nights sights will probley come out for the gun fairly soon for it. Also looking to get a holster for it,Any ideas? she dont want to spend 50-60 bucks like I did for my serpa for my springer.
EBAY

wally1120

imported post

Yeah she wants to try holsters before she buys one,Then Im sure she will hit ebay. I should have jumped on there to get my serpa but,didn`t want to wait for it to get to me. She is going to have a CPL soon and has a smartcarry but, that is not the way she wants to carry grabbing a spot that shouldn`t be grabbing a spot you dont want to be grabbing a gun when you are worked up,for a guy anyway.

DLL10mm

imported post

I carry a few different guns....

IMG_2600Small.jpg

Glock 29(10mm) in a Blade-Tech or in an MTAC IWB

IMG_2577Small-1.jpg

Glock 26(9mm) in a Galco Stow-n-Go IWB

IMG_2532Small-1.jpg

Glock 23(.40) in a MTAC iwb

wally1120

imported post

I am thinking about getting a glock later down the road,I am unsure if I am going to though with all of the bad news that has been going around from all of my gun buddies that have experience with just about every gun that is on the market.

Michigander

imported post

Wally, I don't know that this will mean much to you on account of the distance, but the one good thing about bass pro shops that I know of is that they sell Serpa Sportsters for 30 bucks, and not just a few types like at the worlds fore least outfitter. Probably the best deal out there for a holster with moderate retention.

RaspberrySurprise

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Michigander wrote:
For some reason I can't get pics I just took to upload, but I carry a P220 in a Safariland 6280 on a Raine belt. I use a GI 1911 mag pouch from the Vietnam era, but with the Alice clips removed and the stitching from the center removed so it can be secured to the belt in a sideways manner. I have a nice leather Galls pouch, but I prefer the GI version.

I would also still carry a large knife as a backup weapon and as a tool if I was still in a free state, but it's not a legal thing to do in Michigan at this time. :X
Ah, but there is a clause that says if it can be used for hunting or fishing, you can carry it. I carry a relatively large buck knife occasionally in a sheath on my belt. It's a non-folding knife, with a blade about 4 1/2 inches long. Local ordinances probably prohibit possession occasionally, but I've never been approached about it, even when I go in for a bar burger.
No no no the law says this

- 750.227. (1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle... except in his or her dwelling house [or] place of business... (3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony...
Praytell how do you plan to convince Officer Friendly or Judge Hardass that you were carrying a knife as a hunting knife while not out hunting?

DLL10mm

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Glock 21 (SF) .45ACP for the hip

Glock 27 .40s&w for the ankle
Just curious....What kind of ankle holster do you use for the G27? I want to get one for my G26. Thanks

Taurus850CIA

imported post

RaspberrySurprise wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
Michigander wrote:
For some reason I can't get pics I just took to upload, but I carry a P220 in a Safariland 6280 on a Raine belt. I use a GI 1911 mag pouch from the Vietnam era, but with the Alice clips removed and the stitching from the center removed so it can be secured to the belt in a sideways manner. I have a nice leather Galls pouch, but I prefer the GI version.

I would also still carry a large knife as a backup weapon and as a tool if I was still in a free state, but it's not a legal thing to do in Michigan at this time. :X
Ah, but there is a clause that says if it can be used for hunting or fishing, you can carry it. I carry a relatively large buck knife occasionally in a sheath on my belt. It's a non-folding knife, with a blade about 4 1/2 inches long. Local ordinances probably prohibit possession occasionally, but I've never been approached about it, even when I go in for a bar burger.
No no no the law says this

- 750.227. (1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle... except in his or her dwelling house [or] place of business... (3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony...
Praytell how do you plan to convince Officer Friendly or Judge Hardass that you were carrying a knife as a hunting knife while not out hunting?
Look up the definitions of dagger, dirk, and stiletto. They are all DOUBLE edged instruments. This legislation also only says you may not carry these items CONCEALED. Just like the stuff we follow for open carry of handguns. Also consider that the law does not say you must be hunting, just that the knife is "adapted and carried as such". Urban legend also says I can't carry a knife with a blade longer than such and such. What it says is that I can't carry a knife with a blade longer than three inches with the intention of using it to cause harm to another person. When I carry my buck, I carry it openly, cuz I have to use a holster with it. I've been in possession of it when stopped, and nothing has come of it. I was actually put in the back of a police cruiser as a result of a bogus phone call, and had my rather large folding gerber put on the top of the car. The officer asked, "do you have any guns or knives... blahblahblah". I said "yes, I have a folding knife I use for hunting and fishing". He asked for it. I handed it over. He said "nice knife, don't let me forget to give it back." I told him I wouldn't...
I've researched the knife laws enough to be comfortable with carrying whatever I own, pretty much wherever I go. I had everything bookmarked on my old laptop. I'll have to find it all again...

ETA:

750.226 Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent.
Sec. 226.
Carrying firearm or dangerous weapon with unlawful intent—Any person who, with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person of another, goes armed with a pistol or other firearm or dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, or knife having a blade over 3 inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than 2,500 dollars.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Just like the stuff we follow for open carry of handguns.
Although keep in mind that Michigan state knife laws do not preempt local ordinances like firearm laws do. Make sure if you want to carry a knife that you know the laws of the town or city you are carrying in.

Anyway, here's mine:
gun.jpg

nah just kidding...
DSC01649.jpg

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Just like the stuff we follow for open carry of handguns.
Although keep in mind that Michigan state knife laws do not preempt local ordinances like firearm laws do. Make sure if you want to carry a knife that you know the laws of the town or city you are carrying in.
That's right, though I've seen little that concerns me much.

From that first pic, I thought for a sec you must hang out with Kimberguy...;)

eta: lol kid!

eastmeyers

imported post

DLL10mm wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Glock 21 (SF) .45ACP for the hip

Glock 27 .40s&w for the ankle
Just curious....What kind of ankle holster do you use for the G27? I want to get one for my G26. Thanks
Its a Galco, its made of lamb skin and leather. It is Velcro. It is GREAT!!! It coast about a hundred bucks at the local gun shop. I couldn't find anything comparable on CTD.