• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issues at Virginia Center Commons Mall Glenn Allen Va

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Typing in all bold print, like typing in all caps, is generally considered to be shouting and rude.

I, like most others here, do not shop or spend money where my safety and that of my loved one is compromised. That includes Virginia Center Commons - so who gets what is left? The gang-bangers and criminal element take over by default - how is that working out for the mall management over these last two years?

Do I expect him to be back to answer and take part in a dialog? ............Not really.

scouser

why don't these 'security' people surround and remove the urban type trouble makers who do their best to make the mall a no go area for decent families?

c'mon mr security dude, answer that question

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
why don't these 'security' people surround and remove the urban type trouble makers who do their best to make the mall a no go area for decent families?

c'mon mr security dude, answer that question

They don't admit they have those types and they do ban cameras so it's hard to prove it to people that won't go there.

Superlite27

Hey, guys. How do you figure MallCop found this ancient thread?

My guess would be that, after recently being hired at some mall in Virginia, he Googled "Mall+Security Guard+Virginia" to see if the news of his expertise, bravery, and tactical prowess was being recognized on a national level as a story on CNN or Fox News. Through his expert investigatory skills and professional research abilities, he "discovered" this post from the ages of yore and decided to "set the record straight".

Good thing we have such knowlegeable law enforcement professionals out there who are so dedicated. I'm sure we're in much better hands now that, instead of relying on our own ineptitude to feebly attempt to protect our own lives, we can wait for experts such as this to come whizzing to our rescue on their Segways from over near the J.C. Penny's.

I just hope his response time to any emergency is a little faster than the several years illustrated here.

3fgburner

I am a security officer and I know this mall. I am on a first name basis with several people there. The rule of no weapons applies to everyone. Nobody knows who you are and if you are or are not a law abiding citizen. Yet you seem to be up in arms about your right to carry.

GECKO45, is that you?

Walt_Kowalski

I, like many other folks concerned about rights in Virginia, refuse to spend my hard earned money at locations that feel the need to remove RIGHTS in the name of 'public safety'. You have your property rights, and I have the satisfaction of spending my money where my rights are respected.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Good thing we have such knowlegeable law enforcement professionals out there who are so dedicated.

These are not "law" enforcement professionals. They are "rule" enforcement professionals. You know, the "rules" the mall put up somewhere known only to the security guards and folks who have nothing better to do than to stare at walls instead of looking in shop windows.

I don't know if security guards are often wannabe cops who will never make it into and through the academy or the companies want to project the image of badassery. But my shopping experience should not be Call of Duty - The Mall.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skid,

You know what Call of Duty is? I'm impressed...:D

I read all the blogs written by the kids. They talk about it all the time, and post links to YouTube videos that make fun of it.

I may be a Luddite in most regards, but yes I do have a few supriises up my sleeves.

stay safe.

Marco

I am a security officer and I know this mall. I am on a first name basis with several people there. The rule of no weapons applies to everyone. Nobody knows who you are and if you are or are not a law abiding citizen. Yet you seem to be up in arms about your right to carry. VA center commons is private property and as such your second amendment right does not apply there. Hate it as much as you want but it can be looked up. As security officers we are taught these rules to avoid infringing on civil rights and the like, to include the second amendment. If you can follow rules about guns and are proud owners why is it hard for you to accept this rule? Security officers respond in numbers because we are UN-ARMED and respond to every incident without body armor without weapons and use only a show of force and our words to contain any situation. If you had a bad experience then I am sorry but remain civil and comply. This goes a long way in dealing with officers in situations who have no weapons as a deterrent. Every incident is high stress, I mean look at it this way: Here you are with a gun in a place that is open to the public, Officers a re thinking "ok why does he have a gun on his person and what does he intend to do with it, is he law enforcement or some guy wanting to act like billy bad ass?"..simply put nobody knows you or your intentions. If you OC and have a cwl then more power to you, but why hassle officers working to secure as best they can a family environment? OH yeah with the Paul Blart references...seriously, thats what you say becasue you can't OC in a public place? I think we can be more grown up than that.

Armed= Officer, with a standard level of training
Un-Armed = Guard, which means little to no training!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Skid,

You know what Call of Duty is? I'm impressed...:D

Know what it is??....they modeled the game after him!

Here he is on the Surry ferry!
cod01.jpg

Badger Johnson

Nobody mentioned this, and it's an old saw, but how is it more comforting to be surrounded by guys with hidden guns, including criminals (who hide their guns)?

I don't get this.

If you can SEE the one guy (or two) with guns out in the open, you can see he's not touching it, or acting anything but calm and normal.

While they're ALL surrounding him, some criminal with a hidden gun is head towards the jewelry store, being an opportunist. :idea::idea: Talk about major DUH.

:banghead::dude: