• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry Report

We-the-People

My wife and I were looking for another mustang gt for her a few weeks back, and we happened to be in Beaverton and we saw a mustang at Beaverton Mercedes.
Had one salesman look at my gun while I was in the lobby waiting for the paperwork and he just kinda chuckled.
Then the lady salesman that sold us the car and had went on a test drive with us mentioned to me that she hadn't noticed my gun but only became aware of it because I`m guessing that the other salesman that saw it told her about it, she said that they prefer anyone carrying a weapon leave it in the trunk of the car.
But she wasn't worried.

"Prefer" and "require" are two separate animals.

HPmatt

you know the wife's response used to be the norm, now it sounds refreshing to hear her lay that sound advice on her hubby - 'never argue w a guy carrying a gun'....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironbar

I started this thread five years ago. Back then I supported open carry. I do not support open carry any longer, especially from idiots carrying long guns. I conceal carry 100% of the time now.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I started this thread five years ago. Back then I supported open carry. I do not support open carry any longer, especially from idiots carrying long guns. I conceal carry 100% of the time now.
So you have abandoned the troops and gone over to the other side/CC only proponents, it would seem.

Have to wonder why you read and post here.

Bernymac

Your next step is to stop reading and posting on this forum. You don't need to remove your account, you just need to stop coming. This forum would be against your new found principles and you don't really need to be associating with people you don't support.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I used to support the freedom of speech, but because of idiots misusing it, I no longer do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

solus

ironbar, just like any addiction someone is trying to overcome, find a support group of like minded individuals and meet regularly professing how bad the OC forum is on your health and mental well-being while slowly cutting your visits to the forum and time spent there.

(WARNING complete withdrawal from the OC website and its wonderful and insightful information in one fell swoop will cause significant anguish and very disturbed dreams about seconds lost when having to defend yourself against badguys from the CC position instead of the OC methodology which could result in severe injury, even death.)

IANPhysican, and not advocating any medical advice but the withdrawal symptoms will cause clinical depression so you might find this article of interest: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ents-depression-md-s-tips-skipping-the-prozac

if those do not work to ease the depression, find a dealer and smoke a lot of legal pot ~ for medicinal purposes, of course!

when you have recovered from your leave, you will find welcoming smiling friends, so speedy recovery.

this is a jibe, i believe, well maybe, ya, of course it is ~ ask me!

ipse

Last edited:

OC Freedom

ironbar, just like any addiction someone is trying to overcome, find a support group of like minded individuals and meet regularly professing how bad the OC forum is on your health and mental well-being while slowly cutting your visits to the forum and time spent there.

(WARNING complete withdrawal from the OC website and its wonderful and insightful information in one fell swoop will cause significant anguish and very disturbed dreams about seconds lost when having to defend yourself against badguys from the CC position instead of the OC methodology which could result in severe injury, even death.)

IANPhysican, and not advocating any medical advice but the withdrawal symptoms will cause clinical depression so you might find this article of interest: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ents-depression-md-s-tips-skipping-the-prozac

if those do not work to ease the depression, find a dealer and smoke a lot of legal pot ~ for medicinal purposes, of course!

when you have recovered from your leave, you will find welcoming smiling friends, so speedy recovery.

this is a jibe, i believe, well maybe, ya, of course it is ~ ask me!

ipse

:lol: and I would like to add that you should hook-up with G21 from this site, he'll show you how to draw faster from concealed carry than you could from open carrying.

Ironbar, I don't recommend using medical pot, you wouldn't want to lie on your concealed carry application, while you are begging to get a permission slip from your state to exercise your rights.

We-the-People

How ironic that the very person who started the thread has decided that he now knows better than the vast number of posters who have kept that very thread alive.

OCDO does not endorse long gun open carry so I fail to see the connection between this thread and the sudden revelation that the OP no longer supports ANY kind of OC due to long gun open carriers......but still comes here to post.

Hmmmmmmm

DocWalker

Haven't posted in a while, same places, no problems, nothing you want to keep hearing about.
But the wife and I test drove a couple of cars at Joe Hayward Ford in Dallas today.
Salesman couldn't care less that I was carrying, never even mentioned it.
Looks like we may be buying another car from there soon.

Well you do have to see if the seat is comfortable while OCing. The last thing you would want is to buy a car that doesn't feel good while armed.....lol

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Well you do have to see if the seat is comfortable while OCing. The last thing you would want is to buy a car that doesn't feel good while armed.....lol

You know, I think that^ actually would be a GREAT reply to people saying they prefer you leave it in an unsecured location:
"I have to see if the seat is comfortable while OCing"
"I wanted to check that the jacket doesn't cover my sidearm while OCing"
"I just had to make sure the loafers matched my OC holster":D

It would be a polite way of letting them know that you OC on a regular basis AND that you think they should mind their business if they have chosen to be easy pickings for the two-legged predators.:)

@Ironbar: Sorry to hear you've judged an entire forum based on the actions of a few individuals, some of whom aren't even associated with OCDO. Given your past contributions, I will still wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

HPmatt

You know, I think that^ actually would be a GREAT reply to people saying they prefer you leave it in an unsecured location:
"I have to see if the seat is comfortable while OCing"
"I wanted to check that the jacket doesn't cover my sidearm while OCing"
"I just had to make sure the loafers matched my OC holster":D

It would be a polite way of letting them know that you OC on a regular basis AND that you think they should mind their business if they have chosen to be easy pickings for the two-legged predators.:)

@Ironbar: Sorry to hear you've judged an entire forum based on the actions of a few individuals, some of whom aren't even associated with OCDO. Given your past contributions, I will still wish you the best in your future endeavors.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We-the-People

Yesterday

Carried into a "US Post Office" "contract partner" inside a business. My GF wouldn't carry as it was a "post office".

NOPE, it is a private business, contracting with the postal service to provide postal services. The employees ARE NOT federal employees (they are employees of whatever business they are inside of or potentially of a stand alone "contract partner".

No problems.....and the employee behind the "Postal Service CONTRACT PARTNER" desk was....an employee of the store we were in....including name tag and ID.

These are NOT prohibited places for carry. I will post a new thread to address this issue and get the word out.