• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry Report

Mattimusmaximus

Had an older gentlemen come in to work today and notice my holster.. He said "I didn't know you need one of those now and days." I replayed I need it everyday. He ordered and shook it off nice old guy

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Mattimusmaximus

Walking into winco foods I head a women say seriously?! Another gun is this like a flash mob?! Turns out there were several others besides myself in winco cool deal.

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

DocWalker

Walking into winco foods I head a women say seriously?! Another gun is this like a flash mob?! Turns out there were several others besides myself in winco cool deal.

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Nope just more and more people realizing 911 isn't an instant event and even if it was the LE has no duty to protect or wow looks like a lot of people love their families enough to protect them......

Mattimusmaximus

Nope just more and more people realizing 911 isn't an instant event and even if it was the LE has no duty to protect or wow looks like a lot of people love their families enough to protect them......

Right?! I am OC today at work and getting nothing but positive comments which helps.
e4u2upyj.jpg

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

ScottFree

OC'd today at the RV show at the state fairgrounds. Saw a few nice campers I'd like, wish I had more room around the side of the house for one. Lots of lookers but nobody said anything.

OC at Roths again, I think they're used to me though, no one ever bats an eye there.

Mattimusmaximus

Today had two Washington county sheriffs come into eat they never said anything g about my OC. Had two customers ask about it. Revered one to here.

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Mattimusmaximus

Took a friend to the air port all the way to the security line OC 1911 I don't think any one even noticed... :/

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

ScottFree

Took a friend to the air port all the way to the security line OC 1911 I don't think any one even noticed... :/

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

I've been meaning to do this myself. I've carried concealed there but not openly.
Since its a "public" building we have to show our permit if asked, right?

We-the-People

I've been meaning to do this myself. I've carried concealed there but not openly.
Since its a "public" building we have to show our permit if asked, right?

REALITY: YES

THEORY: If you want to be a test case....... Since they would have no reason to believe you don't have a CHL under what authority would they detain you? On the other hand, 166.380 requires you to allow them to inspect your weapon to determine if it's loaded so you'd at least have to submit to that if they asked.

I'm not sure why 380 is even on the books. Perhaps a leftover from days past. It's unlawful to carry in a public building without a CHL and with a CHL it's perfectly legal for it to be loaded. SOOOoooo why the hell is 380 there when the only thing it does is allow an officer to take a perfectly safe weapon out of a holster and "play" with it....which is far less safe than just leaving it in the holster.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Speaking of the public building loaded check harassment law, here's my video from my deposition that I had mentioned earlier. I've since obtained the police memorandum detailing the "inspection" so I don't have to worry about Corvallis PD changing their story: http://youtu.be/NgFnBql2OE8

We-the-People

Speaking of the public building loaded check harassment law, here's my video from my deposition that I had mentioned earlier. I've since obtained the police memorandum detailing the "inspection" so I don't have to worry about Corvallis PD changing their story: http://youtu.be/NgFnBql2OE8

Have you gotten a copy of this to Kevin at OFF? Or perhaps contacted your legislator (or ANY pro gun legislator) who might be inclined to submit legislation to get rid of 380? This video is a perfect example of how it does nothing but create an unsafe environment when law enforcement officers unnecessarily handle a loaded firearm being lawfully carried.

380 serves no purpose other than to attempt to legitimize the harassment of lawful weapons carriers.

bigtoe416

Have you gotten a copy of this to Kevin at OFF? Or perhaps contacted your legislator (or ANY pro gun legislator) who might be inclined to submit legislation to get rid of 380? This video is a perfect example of how it does nothing but create an unsafe environment when law enforcement officers unnecessarily handle a loaded firearm being lawfully carried.

380 serves no purpose other than to attempt to legitimize the harassment of lawful weapons carriers.

I just emailed both of my state representatives, Senator Boquist and Representative Thompson. Thanks for the prodding to do that, as it was somewhere in the back of my brain.

bigtoe416

Last night I open carried my Glock to Sada Sushi in Corvallis and then spent an hour bowling at the bowling alley on ninth and circle. No interactions.

TonyA

I was walking out of Winco today and a woman behind me started talking to her male partner/friend about how she works in a gas station that doesn't allow firearms and how she told an off duty cop that he had to put his weapon in his car. And she laughed about it and got into her disgusting old astro van. She looked like a tweaker any how so ***** ***.

In Walmart today a father noticed my Glock as he passed me by and then his kid noticed and grabbed his friend or brother and told him I had a gun, and then I saw him grab his dad and point over at me. Nothing came of it.

I'll be getting a holster for my new HK USP soon and will be open carrying that for a while. It's a little bigger and might get noticed a little more.

Last edited by a moderator: