Thread: OC in Logan

Post imported post

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences OC in Logan.

Centurion

Post imported post

I have open carried a time or two in Logan without any incidents. Others may not have been as lucky.

RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

I don't know exactly what the laws are here. I am a concealed firearms permit holder and I do that all the time. I wonder about how the local police force feels about OC and how the reaction would be because I have not seen any OC in logan.

Post imported post

JGarrett wrote:
    I don't know exactly what the laws are here. I am a concealed firearms permit holder and I do that all the time. I wonder about how the local police force feels about OC and how the reaction would be because I have not seen any OC in logan.
    It does not matter what the laws are in Logan, because the State has not authorized the city to regulate firearms. The only aspect that they may regulate is discharge, which they most likely do.

Open carry in Utah with a permit is the same as concealed carry. If you can carry concealed somewhere with your permit, you may carry openly as well.

If you forbidden from carrying concealed somewhere with your permit, then the same applies for open carry. Since you have a permit, there are very few places off limits.

Feel free to ask lots of questions. I have a feeling that you may be surprised by the lack of places that are rumored to be off limits.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Centurion

Post imported post

JGarrett,

Your concealed carry permit GIVES you permission to Conceal. It DOES NOT require concealment.

Your concealed carry permit EXEMPTS you from certain statutes and the associated penalties.

SOME LEOs elect to pursue OPINION ENFORCEMENT instead of LAW ENFORCEMENT in the absence of ACTUALLY KNOWING the laws they are SWORN to uphold!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

It seemed to take forever, but Logan finally brought its laws in line with those of the state. This article was published back on August 5.

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news.../52520177.html

But then, four years from the time the state rendered the city laws moot is unreasonably long........