• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Guns Allowed" sign small Wyoming town

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
HankT wrote:
  • were not locals
  • were not real OCers
  • considered the guns 'new toys'
  • had no firearm culture
  • played with guns
  • were Easterners
  • were non-Easterners
SR, don't hesitate....to make them....anything you want to...

It's your world. You hold the power to make them anything.

They were probably behind in theircar payments too...

;)
I believe you missed the 'but maybe not.' modifier to thatstatement.

I guess you missed the next to last bullet point above... ;)

Sonora Rebel wrote:
But then... you're from 'Joisey'... so that's understandable. You can't carry a firearm openly... and perhaps never have beyond your own doorway.

What were you 'n your sister doing in Moorcroft, Wyoming,Hank?

What in the heck are you talking about here, SR? It doesn't make any sense at all...

TFred

imported post

HankT wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
HankT wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

Easy there, Pardner... We OC in Virginia and no one I know has ever brandished their pistol here. Most OCers here know how to carry theirpistol and don't mess with it. Perhaps one of those fruits or nuts from WEST of you...
PackininVB brandished in, I think it was, Lynnhaven Mall.

He did it to some young woman who was, uhm, threatening to him. (She might have had a knife or some such....)
Just to be clear, IIRC, the gun didn't leave it's holster. He was CC'ing and pulled his jacket back trying to be a tough guy. I'm not saying that isn't or can't be defined as brandishing, but it stayed in it's holster.
I do believe you are correct, H024. Of course, MSG's point is dispelled nonetheless. Someone in VA did, in fact, brandish away. The sad thing IIRC is that he thought he was in the right because the woman might have had something on her. The woman had a big mouth, was 5' 4" and he was 6' 4" or so.

He was properly chastised by most here, I recall.I don't know if he ever "got it." It was prollybefore MSG's time on OCDO.
Man Hank, you've really got to learn the nuances of the English language. When someone says something like "we don't brandish back here in good ole' Virginia", they do not mean that "no person in the history of the state of Virginia has ever brandished a firearm".

I'm starting to think you do this on purpose. Are you really that bored? Please stop it. I like to read these threads, but I simply don't have time to waste sorting through the chaff.

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

As stated above, it was indeed before my time here. I also didn't KNOW the rump ranger that brandished his pecker at Lynnhaven Mall, but I do remember reading about it in a thread that datedsometime before I arrived "on scene".

I don't know anyone personally that has brandished their pistol... I stand by that assertion. :)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
As stated above, it was indeed before my time here. I also didn't KNOW the rump ranger that brandished his pecker at Lynnhaven Mall, but I do remember reading about it in a thread that datedsometime before I arrived "on scene".

I don't know anyone personally that has brandished their pistol... I stand by that assertion. :)

What is the relevance of that assertion?

Since it is so, uhm, obviously limited, I mean...;)

You sound like the guy in Utah who only met NRA instructors who discouraged OC. He opined that probably ALL NRA instructors did that. When presented with evidence to the contrary, he used the same line: "I haven't met any that don't discourage OC," is pretty much what he said.....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:
What in the heck are you talking about here, SR? It doesn't make any sense at all...
There is no doubt in my military mind thatmuch of what's posted on this forummakes no sense to you. :banghead:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I'm starting to think you do this on purpose. Are you really that bored? Please stop it. I like to read these threads, but I simply don't have time to waste sorting through the chaff.
Sonora Rebel wrote:
HankT wrote:
There is no doubt in my military mind thatmuch of what's posted on this forummakes no sense to you. :banghead:
Please do not feed the troll HankT/HenriettaTG

From Cody, Wyoming. Everyone in the room has agreed that Henry is a jerk.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
HankT wrote:
Please do not feed the troll HankT/HenriettaTG