• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member from Spokane

VictorEM83

imported post

Hello,

I just join because about a month ago I was working at Wal Mart in the photo lab and one of my co workers came up to me and he said the guy making pictures has a gun on him and its a Glock or XD. So I tried to be tactful and take a glace too. After I proceeded to ask him if it was an XD because my buddy back there thinks its a Glock. that started an amazing conversaion that inspired me to join the fourms.

I am kinda new to firearms I have had my CCW almost 3 years but have been shooting only a limited number of times I have had saftey training but I am looking to expand my skill set and looking to meet people to learn and teach me more I figured this wuld be a great place to start because I have started to open carry.

Also if its proper to ask: I am looking to know a good place to go shooting in spokane other than the ranges. My father in law reloads and sharp shooters doesnt allow pure lead rounds that he mold and reloads for me. So if anyone knows a place they dont mind sharing the location of and good directions I would be very greatful

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome Aboard Victor, I will say it's a good group here, and I have learned tons of new stuff in regards to laws, RCW, do's and dont's, etc... it's alot of food for thought.

Enjoy

:cool:Bat

Manu

imported post

Welcome aboard, I would suggest you to read all the posts on this forum starting from page 1. That's what I did before even joining this forum it took me about 3 months, but its worth doing you will learn a lot and also you will see how it was so tough for most of forum members to exercise their OC right, and how now days everybody is getting aware of this right, Keep it up doing more and more OC and see you around :)

FunkTrooper

imported post

Just be sure to read the FAQ on the first page before posting a new thread lots of new guys ask questions that have already been answered over nine thousand times.

VictorEM83

imported post

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. I have done a fair amount of searching to learn about issues that have plagued the people who OC. There has been a huge volume of good tips and info on how to handle OC issues with LEO, and Stores. I also did not realize Sharp Shooters was very anti open carry. I have only been there a handful of times and I never cared for it but it was the only place in town and open when I wanted to go shoot. Now with my father in law casting his own lead bullets and the anti open carry are the nails in the coffin for that place.

I think I am going to try to compile a map of public land to go shooting on with easy access and directions. I have found some maps to places I am thinking I might try to meet up with OC members and some friends at work who dont mind sharing their favorite shooting places and GPS the way there.

David.Car

imported post

If you're looking for another place to shoot in Spokane, look up the "Spokane VALLEY Rifle Range".

It is in Mica (About 20 minutes from downtown Spokane). Cost is $5 per person. Open from 2 until sundown I believe. Range goes out to 1,000 yards. Can shoot anything you own out there.

Which Wally-World you work at? I have OCed in all of them in Spokane but a couple more then others.

Edit: As far as public land shooting the best recommendation I have hears is Fish Trap. It is just a little ways further out then Cheney.

VictorEM83

imported post

I found a map of the fish trap area on here I am going to print it out and check it out on my next two days off. I need to get an old swing set like my father in-law it works amazing for hanging targets. I will also check out the Valley range in Mica.

I work at the Wal Mart at the Y I am actually writing this on my 1st break.