Thread: Can you hear me now? This looks interesting!

Post imported post

http://www.redferret.net/?p=9303

"The MicroDot Squared Audio Recorder is the world’s smallest voice activated digital recorder. Actually it’s probably the smallest digital recorder, period. It records for around 18 hours at a time onto the 128 MB of internal memory, although the USB rechargeable battery will last for 60 hours in record mode if necessary.The thing embeds date and time stamps on all recordings, and there’s also a programmable timer for scheduled recording. We’re really really trying to find a nice, acceptable use for something like this that doesn’t involve small bits ofsticky tapeand the underside of chairs, but so far nothing is working. Ah well. $479.95.

What about recording at OC events?

FYI, WIRELESS and SPY on Valley Parkway near Tulip in Escondido is selling them, ($499.00) and they have one in their display case that you can hold and fondle, and drool over!

This thing could be attached to your solar plexus with a band aid!

Post imported post

They're getting so small and affordable that pretty soon we can expect a model that can be embedded subcutaneously. That would be quite useful.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    They're getting so small and affordable that pretty soon we can expect a model that can be embedded subcutaneously. That would be quite useful.
    hank,

you already get enough lumps and bumps -- no need to purposely shove something under your skin --

although i understand others have suggested other locations.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I went and held this thing. I swear, it is slightly bigger than a Chicklett!

Post imported post

The mention of "subcutaneous" gave me a thought... it's probably only a matter of time before someone introduces a hearing aid that can record what it "hears".

It will be very interesting to see how a device like that or a subcutaneous recording device meet up with "all party consent" states.

Technology is soon going to leave those draconian "protection of corruption" laws behind.

TFred

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    hank,

you already get enough lumps and bumps -- no need to purposely shove something under your skin --

although i understand others have suggested other locations.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Maybe he can implant one in his scalp.

Then maybe we can all listen to "the voices inside his head" that drive him to constant needling and baiting, and tell him he is so much better than the rest of us.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Goof with a computer, as another has said.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

That is a REALLY expensive recorder, about 10x the going rate. Yes, I know it is small, but geez, there are other nearly as small/inconspicuous options