• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you hear me now? This looks interesting!

gravedigger

imported post

microdotaudiorecorder_small.jpg

http://www.redferret.net/?p=9303

"The MicroDot Squared Audio Recorder is the world’s smallest voice activated digital recorder. Actually it’s probably the smallest digital recorder, period. It records for around 18 hours at a time onto the 128 MB of internal memory, although the USB rechargeable battery will last for 60 hours in record mode if necessary.The thing embeds date and time stamps on all recordings, and there’s also a programmable timer for scheduled recording. We’re really really trying to find a nice, acceptable use for something like this that doesn’t involve small bits ofsticky tapeand the underside of chairs, but so far nothing is working. Ah well. $479.95.

What about recording at OC events?

FYI, WIRELESS and SPY on Valley Parkway near Tulip in Escondido is selling them, ($499.00) and they have one in their display case that you can hold and fondle, and drool over!

This thing could be attached to your solar plexus with a band aid!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

They're getting so small and affordable that pretty soon we can expect a model that can be embedded subcutaneously. That would be quite useful.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
They're getting so small and affordable that pretty soon we can expect a model that can be embedded subcutaneously. That would be quite useful.

hank,

you already get enough lumps and bumps -- no need to purposely shove something under your skin --

although i understand others have suggested other locations.;)

stay safe.

skidmark

TFred

imported post

The mention of "subcutaneous" gave me a thought... it's probably only a matter of time before someone introduces a hearing aid that can record what it "hears".

It will be very interesting to see how a device like that or a subcutaneous recording device meet up with "all party consent" states.

Technology is soon going to leave those draconian "protection of corruption" laws behind.

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

skidmark wrote:
HankT wrote:

hank,

you already get enough lumps and bumps -- no need to purposely shove something under your skin --

although i understand others have suggested other locations.;)

stay safe.

skidmark
Maybe he can implant one in his scalp.

Then maybe we can all listen to "the voices inside his head" that drive him to constant needling and baiting, and tell him he is so much better than the rest of us.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Goof with a computer, as another has said.

codename_47

imported post

That is a REALLY expensive recorder, about 10x the going rate. Yes, I know it is small, but geez, there are other nearly as small/inconspicuous options