• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Patriot's OFFICIAL Black and White lists

rmbrems

imported post

Note about new bar carry law:

in order for a "No Firearms Allowed" sign to have legal force of law, it MUST be posted NEXT to the LIQUOR LICENSE. If you are posting a biz to the black list, please verify that the business is legally posting the sign, not just a sign by the door. Remember, you can legally carry into the business to verify, but must comply thereafter. (As for me and mine, if i verify they post a no carry sign- they need not worry- i wont ever be back.)

Carry on!

azlobo73

imported post

You might also add Churchill's and Gallagher's in Chandler (Warner and Alma School) to the list. Both were confirmed to have the new signage posted (by the door, no confirmation of whether posting by the liquor license though) as of at least Sept 29th.

azlobo

imported post

More to add:
Mesa - Also add Macayo's in Mesa (NW corner of Alma School and Guadalupe), Native New Yorker (kitty corner to Macayo's SE corner), and Serrano's (same, SE corner of Alma School and Guadalupe Rd).

No signage visible (that I saw) at Toby Keith's bar at Riverview in Mesa, nor at Dave's there.

rmbrems

imported post

Thanks for the updates, but- all you need to do to add to the lists is click on the link on the 1st page of this thread- and you can add as many as you want! Thanks!

TOF

imported post

These lists are good in one way but may cause a lot of people to not go to the no gun establishments and therefore not state their displeasure with the rule.

I suggest those of you that would have taken your business to a no gun vendor if their policy was different make at least one trip and advise the manager of your feelings (respectfuly).

If they remain unaware of the potential business lost they will most likely not reconsider their position.

Restaurants are the most likely to listen in my opinion.

rmbrems

imported post

I'm passing out business cards to no-gun businesses that look like this:

nogunfront.png

MITCH

imported post

GREAT IDEA !! How about some contributions for the Western part of the State ?

Kingman, Bullhead City, etc.

I'll make it a point to visit several businesses.

protector84

imported post

I've been noticing the new signs going up literally everywhere I see a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol. Didn't this kind of thing happen back in 1994 when the CCW law passed? I have a feeling that all of these signs are going up more or less as a frenzy for the business to make sure they protect themselves from any liability. I'm almost willing to bet, however, that as time goes on businesses will begin to actually understand what the law means (i.e. permit holders and CC only, no drinking). As restaurants and bars begin remodeling their premeses for whatever reason, these signs will start coming down and not going back up and eventually it will be rare to see one at all.

Another example of this is how bars were in a frenzy over the new smoking ban law that took place back in May 2007. They were frantically trying to get city permits to build smoking patios or at least improve their existing ones out of fear that they would loose all of their smoking patrons to another bar that had a better smoking patio. For the most part, it never happened. I'm going to be real surprised if I see even half of the "No Firearms Allowed" signs up two years from now than I do today.

TOF

imported post

Fargo's in Payson on North side of highway 260 is definately gun friendly. Had lunch there today and checked next to license and Doors etc.

rmbrems

imported post

Just drop me a note, let me know a) what list, and b) what corrections you need made.

Thanks!

rmbrems

imported post

Quick update:

I have added a feature that highlights additions made within the last week. Pro-Gun is highlighted in green, No-Gun in red.

Thanks!

Carry On!

rmbrems

imported post

Wanted to again THANK EVERYONE who has taken time to add to the lists! We have over 100 businesses on either list. Keep up the GREAT work!

Carry on!

MarcoWasRight

imported post

While ARS statutes should be enough to verify this one, a speaker in one of my classes on ASU's Tempe campus confirmed that ASU and ASUPD would be complying with the new parking lot law. Funny how they have to officially state which state laws they choose to follow.

I'll see if I can dig up the name of the ASU staff member that announced this but she worked for the office that punishes students for on campus conduct code violations and when the are booked into city and county jails.

rmbrems

imported post

Kildars wrote:
Olive Garden has a corporate policy against carrying firearms.

That seems to be new. Can you cite the policy, or give a link, etc.? I have been to 2 in the last month and have spoken with the GM's at each, and both had no issues with my firearm.

Kildars

imported post

AZ Patriot wrote:
Kildars wrote:
Olive Garden has a corporate policy against carrying firearms.

That seems to be new. Can you cite the policy, or give a link, etc.? I have been to 2 in the last month and have spoken with the GM's at each, and both had no issues with my firearm.
You live in Arizona ;).

There used to be a link to it in the Washington Businesses that ban guns thread but that thread is gone for some reason. When I click it, it states can not be found. Someone did post the corporate policy though. I have also not been asked to leave an Olive Garden when I went in there once.

GWbiker

imported post

Restaurant corporate logic on guns can vary even among corporate circles. Example is I-HOP owns Applebee's chain, which has posted gunbuster signs at Arizona Applebee's restaurants. Some I-HOP restaurants are posted no weapons while some will accept OPEN CARRY. My favorite is in Tucson, I-HOP on Grant at Rosemont accepts OC.:cool: