• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Candidate for san diego sheriff

Chrisc411

imported post

I was at the El Cajon Gun exchange yesterday and saw flyers in there for Jay LaSuer for the office of sheriff of San Diego county. I was reading the little handout and seen his website http://sheriffjay.org/and he looks to be on the side of gun owners and their right to protect themselves. Was wondering if anyone else has an opinion on him or heard anything about him? If the things Ive read so far are true things might be a little easier for us in San Diego County.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Generally speaking, LaSuer says: If you're legal to buy/own a gun in California, you should be able to carry a gun in California.

Bruce Ruff is a nightmare. I heard him speak about Open Carry at a gun rights meeting . He said: "If I see you carrying a gun, I'm going to 'take you down'."

chewy352

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
Generally speaking, LaSuer says: If you're legal to buy/own a gun in California, you should be able to carry a gun in California.

Bruce Ruff is a nightmare. I heard him speak about Open Carry at a gun rights meeting . He said: "If I see you carrying a gun, I'm going to 'take you down'."

Wow! I didn't get to hear his stance on UOC but i believe he said he's for "Shall Issue" ccw. Which in a "May Issue" state like California it is basically up to the sheriff and it can become a shall issue county.

Over all LaSuer has my vote. But IMHO any of the other three are better than Gore. Especially on the CCW issue.

Michael