Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED - 9mm or .40 Glock (26,27,22,23,17,19) SPOKANE

Post imported post

Hi all, I was hoping you could all help point me in the right direction. I am a working professional who has recently moved to Spokane. I didn't know this until recently but, I live in the ghetto. Last week I chased a meth-head from my yard!

I shoot at the range all the time but, I never thought I would need a gun since I was under the impression I was in a nice little neighborhood but, now I need one ASAP. Unfortunately the criminals who will rob me have no problems getting a gun but, I need to wait 90 days!!!

I can legally buy a gun person-to-person as a new Washington resident but I can't buy it from the dealer until my ID is 90 days old. So, I'm hoping someone out there has a 9mm or .40 glock in good condition that they are willing to part with for a fair price on both our ends.

If you for some reason have a new Glock laying around that you have never used, I will buy that too!

Please contact me asap via email. If you include your phone number I will call you.

eyeopencarry@drivehomemusic.com

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Post imported post

A gun is useless without training.

Are you a WA state resident?

*sniff.... sniff*
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

I have more than adequate training and yes I am a Washington resident and employed in Washington state too.

I've gotten a couple of suggestions to the effect of "have a friend buy a gun and then just decide to GIVE it to you"

I know the easy way to go would be a straw purchase. No one would ever know etc etc. but, I am 100% committed to following the law; no matter how much I may disagree with it.

Post imported post

Smells like a phisherman!

Post imported post

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm new to gun forums. Whats a fisher?

I have cash and background check in hand. I can show you where I work and you can look me up online. My position puts me easily in the public eye so it's not like I'm a shady guy trying to keep my ID secret.

I'm a normal guy who unfortunately moved into the ghetto and due to the crappy 90-day Washington state wait can't get a handgun from a dealer.
    I would much rather buy from a dealer. We've had 3 robberies and a rape in the past week in my neighborhood. Again, all verifyable if you would like I can fwd you reports.

Post imported post

Yes, questionable at best.

Lmelende,

With your low count and recent joining of the forum and your question to quickly obtain a firearm just raises big flags. Hence the post on "phishing." Someone posing as a gun person yet is really an anti-gun person.

I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere to obtain a firearm. There are many sites you can check on and purchase firearms.

Best of luck to you.

Young
    Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

(c) Five business days, meaning days on which state offices are open, have elapsed from the time of receipt of the application for the purchase thereof as provided herein by the chief of police or sheriff designated in subsection (5) of this section, and, when delivered, the pistol shall be securely wrapped and shall be unloaded. However, if the purchaser does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the waiting period under this subsection (1)(c) shall be up to sixty days.
    Waiting period is up to sixty days, but a minimum of 5. My advice is to go to dealer, do NICS, start the waiting period, and talk to the chief of police or sheriff, explaining the situation. That will likely help expedite the process of getting the firearm. At the same time, apply for your CPL. Take care of all your bases at once.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos,

Thanks a lot for the idea! I actually work with the athletics department of the local university which is very popular so hopefully that will have a little bit of sway on the sheriff hehe.

Post imported post

Post imported post

oldkim, could you please link me to these sites. thanks again.

you can email me personally at eyeopencarry@drivehomemusic.com
    if you feel more comfortable i can privately send you my work email address as well.

Post imported post

thanks misguided!

Post imported post

Awkward introduction as a first post here to OCDO. I usually start with "Hi, i am __, nice to meet you guys.."

- Strangers asking for guns are usually met with intense suspicion and scrutiny... as they should be.

- Why don't you go get you CWP (concealed weapon permit) then go get your gun, would be legit and very fast, as usually you can cash and carry from your local (legit) gun store if you have the CWP. Getting your CWP is alot faster than the waiting period.... and on top, you wont be spooking the forum into thinking your phishing.

- Just my advice,

:?Bat.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    Awkward introduction as a first post here to OCDO. I usually start with "Hi, i am __, nice to meet you guys.."

- Strangers asking for guns are usually met with intense suspicion and scrutiny... as they should be.

- Why don't you go get you CWP (concealed weapon permit) then go get your gun, would be legit and very fast, as usually you can cash and carry from your local (legit) gun store if you have the CWP. Getting your CWP is alot faster than the waiting period.... and on top, you wont be spooking the forum into thinking your phishing.

- Just my advice,

Bat, thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the missing intro everyone. As I said, I'm new to forums so I am not up on the ettiquette etc.

I actually just spoke with the local sheriff and they suggested the CWP avenue as well. I wasn't aware that as an option until now.

INTRO: Hi everyone, I'm new to this and all forums. Long time second ammendment supporter and voter. Recently moved from FL to WA and found myself in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. So I am looking to exercise my rights for purposes of personal protection.

I am a collegiate sports coach/working professional and have been a responsible gun owner in the past.

Thanks for all of the help and advice!

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:

- Just my advice,

Come on guys, you should all know by now, there is no such thing in WA as a CWP. It's a CPL ( concealed pistol license ) Just trying to give a friendly reminder here. :P
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Batousaii wrote:

- Just my advice,

Come on guys, you should all know by now, there is no such thing in WA as a CWP. It's a CPL ( concealed pistol license ) Just trying to give a friendly reminder here. :P
    You're 100% correct, my apologies there ... it's an old hang from living in CA unfortunately.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum!
    My wife and I decided to get away from the Spokane metro area many years ago for the same reason you cite.
    We were on W Sharp and Dean at different times. Then it was low rent, but not really ghetto. We passed thru there this year for the first time in many, and it has become ghetto.
    I useta travel on foot at night there. I'd wanna be heavily armed to do that now!
    Best of luck (skill) getting an equalizer.

lmelende wrote:

I have cash and background check in hand. I can show you where I work and you can look me up online. My position puts me easily in the public eye so it's not like I'm a shady guy trying to keep my ID secret.

I'm a normal guy who unfortunately moved into the ghetto and due to the crappy 90-day Washington state wait can't get a handgun from a dealer.
    I would much rather buy from a dealer. We've had 3 robberies and a rape in the past week in my neighborhood. Again, all verifyable if you would like I can fwd you reports.

Post imported post

You sir are in some incredible luck.

There happens to be a gun show in town this coming weekend (26 and 27th) at the fair grounds.

Done.

Post imported post

Coooool! :celebrate

I checked it out online and they said they have 500 tables. Should find just what I'm looking for!

Also, thanks to whoever posted the regulation because as it turns out the 90 day residency period only matters if you cannot provide a WA state DL/ID. It's really weird and I don't think even the state understands it.

I went once again to the Sheriff's office and they all looked pretty puzzled. At the end they said "We'll get back to you with your CPL within 30 days. You can buy anything you want with that".

Doesn't matter either way since the gun show is here this weekend!

Post imported post

Hammer wrote:
    Welcome to the forum!
    My wife and I decided to get away from the Spokane metro area many years ago for the same reason you cite.
    We were on W Sharp and Dean at different times. Then it was low rent, but not really ghetto. We passed thru there this year for the first time in many, and it has become ghetto.
    I useta travel on foot at night there. I'd wanna be heavily armed to do that now!
    Best of luck (skill) getting an equalizer.

lmelende wrote:

Hammer, I actually live right near that same area! It's pretty bad now. I just heard another report about 2 more sexual assaults and multiple robberies/thefts. Definitely made the right move getting out hehe

Thanks for the well wishes, it looks like my issue will be solved this weekend at the gun show

Post imported post

Ahhhhh Yesss ... love the gun shows

I might try to make it there... been a while, anyone know the hours for that ?
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

Post imported post

Which part of the spokane ghetto did you move to? I'm fairly close to northtown and aside from a few incidents when I first bought my house I hav'nt had any problems. But I also OC a lot and think pretty much everyone thinks I'm a cop or .mil.

I'm looking forward to the gun show too, have a 1911 that I'm looking to trade for something different.

T

Post imported post

Kolat,

you're going to trade that 1911 that you wear oc because it looks so cool?

Post imported post

The gun show typically starts at 0900. There are store vendors and private vendors. Always good for just a look around even if you aren't buying/selling/trading. I keep going for the elk sausage guy

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Kolat,

you're going to trade that 1911 that you wear oc because it looks so cool?

If someone offers me something I like for it, maybe get an HK or a sig for an OC piece next, or possibly another glock 20 but with a normal length barrel in it and just keep it loaded with factory ammo instead of reloads.

T

Post imported post

Kolat wrote:
    Which part of the spokane ghetto did you move to? I'm fairly close to northtown and aside from a few incidents when I first bought my house I hav'nt had any problems. But I also OC a lot and think pretty much everyone thinks I'm a cop or .mil.

I'm looking forward to the gun show too, have a 1911 that I'm looking to trade for something different.

T
    I'm in the GU area. About 3-4 blocks away. We have TONS of incidents that go unreported to the police but, DO get reported via campus security. This weekend there was ONE sexual assault reported via police but THREE via campus safety since the victims refused to admit anything to the cops.

I'm more than happy having nothing like that happen to me and have my gun go unfired but, if I get in that situation you better believe I will be prepared!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast