• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheap VOICE RECORDER $9.99 + s/h 26 hrs of rec time

brad9point0

imported post

Hope someone can use this!

ENDS in 19 HOURS!! GET IT NOW!!!

http://www.dealsclick.com/default.aspx

This compact recorder features 64 MB of built-in flash memory, which means you can record up to 26 hours of audio. With the Automatic Voice-Activated Record (AVR) function, the RP5022 automatically starts and stops recording by sensing sound on its own. So even if you accidentally doze off during that lecture, you won't have to worry about missing any crucial talking points!

Other useful features include a date/time stamp for all messages (you can save up to 396!), variable speed playback, and Intro scanning to preview messages. Once you've captured your audio, simply transfer files to your computer via the USB connection. There's even a USB cable included.

FEATURES:

Grayish silver color
64 MB built-in flash memory
USB port for sharing and storing to PC
Multi-functional LCD display
Automatic Voice-Activated Record (AVR): automatically starts and stops recording by sensing sound
Variable speed playback
Intro scan: preview of message content
Date/time stamp
Editing functions
Built-in microphone and 30 mm speaker
Recording quality selector
Low battery indicator
Headphone jack
Operates on two (2) AAA batteries (not included)

camsoup

imported post

I bought this exact same recorder at Kmart for around $19.99.... it works great and can store upto 26hrs like the ad states.

The one downside is it will only record in a maximum of 18min blocks, after 18 mins it stops recording and you have to hit the record button again. Something to do with the way it limits the file sizes it can save in its memory.

Other than that its a great recorder, but you could easily forget to hit record after it turns off and be without any audio during an encounter.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

camsoup wrote:
I bought this exact same recorder at Kmart for around $19.99.... it works great and can store upto 26hrs like the ad states.

The one downside is it will only record in a maximum of 18min blocks, after 18 mins it stops recording and you have to hit the record button again. Something to do with the way it limits the file sizes it can save in its memory.

Other than that its a great recorder, but you could easily forget to hit record after it turns off and be without any audio during an encounter.
Ouch. Guess not then.

Hiredgun30

imported post

i just bought the 104 hour version on craigslist yesterday.. it may just be the setting you currently have it on.. as for ease of use.. it was very simple to set up, works great with itunes.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

First off, the last thing you want to do is reach for your recorder when some tool is pointing his sidearm at you. Even if you see them coming... since some encounters run longer than 18 minutes, I would not get this recorder. You need something that you can turn on and keep running for hours on end.

Battery life is another factor; but that might just mean spending more money on batteries.

camsoup

imported post

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about...I have changed the settings on mine several times, but have not been able to get it to go past 18 mins at a time.

Maybe thats one of the differences between the 26 and 104 hr version??