Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN CARRY MEETUP SAN DIEGO

Post imported post

I am posting this to get a list of people interested in a UOC meeting and pot luck lunch BBQ event at Mission Beach this coming Saturday or Sunday. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Sure, put me down.
    Saturday is better for me.

Post imported post

It will be saturday, around 11:30. I need a list of all people planning on attending and what you can bring. If you would like to pm me contact info that would also be great. Thank you.

Post imported post

I just looked into the municipal code for San Diego and could find nothing prohibiting us from UOCing there and it looks like we are far enough away from schools in the Leisure Lagoon area. So ill be there.

IMHO everyone needs to do research as well. Not only to CYA but it will help because you might catch something that others did not.

Michael
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

AGREED! That is a great point. We all have to lookout for eachother and ourselves.

Post imported post

Be careful of how far down you go.

Post imported post

Also, you might want to know that there is an administrative building marked as "Mission Beach School" and SDPD's opinion of whether or not to consider it a 626.9 area has been known to be variable. If you want to be cautious, I recommend treating the administrative building as a school.

Post imported post

You know I was thinking about that today and I am going to make a trip over to that area tomorrow, and find an exact position that keeps us free and legal without any interpretation. Thank you pullnshoot. I appreciate it

Post imported post

Hey if you don't mind what is your opinion on the Leisure Lagoon area? Will you be coming to the BBQ?

Michael

Post imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
    You know I was thinking about that today and I am going to make a trip over to that area tomorrow, and find an exact position that keeps us free and legal without any interpretation. Thank you pullnshoot. I appreciate it
    Google earth is a great tool.

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    Hey if you don't mind what is your opinion on the Leisure Lagoon area? Will you be coming to the BBQ?

Michael
    I do not think so, though that may depend.

That area looks to be in a city/county park. If so, then it is a no-go for this sort of event. The former is a 100 dollar infraction. The latter is a misdemeanor (I believe)

Post imported post

I'll Keep investigating then. Funny how the constitution doesn't apply in city/county parks. lol

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    I'll Keep investigating then. Funny how the constitution doesn't apply in city/county parks. lol
    'Tis unfortunate. However, vindication will come one day and all will be (mostly) well.

Post imported post

Well i have sad news everyone. Mission Beach is a City Park and Chapter 6 article 3 Division 08 States

Possession of Firearms and Other Devices in Parks and Open Space Areas

No persons other than those persons specifically authorized by law or City permit so to do, shall use, possess, transport, carry, fire, or discharge any fireworks, firearm, air gun, archery device, slingshot or explosive of any kind across, on, or into any City park or designated open space area. “Designated open space area” for the purpose of this section shall mean those open space lands owned by the City and described in that document on file in the office of the City Clerk as Document No. 17082. The City Manager shall have the authority to add open space areas to said document as open space areas are acquired by the City. lol

Michael :?

Post imported post

Mission Beach PARK is a park. Everything from the pier to Belmont Park (even that "school" area, though hat is up for a scary debate) and west of Dawes street is wide open.

Post imported post

Have you seen Document No. 17082 Nate? Im thinking thats going to include the beaches but i dont know i suck at all this legal stuff lol.

Michael

Post imported post

Pardon me, I should have stated everything EXCEPT the beach. Do not touch the sand!

Post imported post

What about the Leisure lagoon area Nate? Do you have any suggestions for a location?

Michael

Post imported post

Anything that does not involve a park or a 626.9 violation is fine with me. I say go to a cool restaurant and have a stationary event since this is the first one you guys are trying. Baby steps.

Post imported post

Ya The whole bay is a park. Sorry SDPISTOLGRIP but i think we need a new location. Maybe a restaurant that has patio seating so that we are still out in the open. On the board walk or something.

Michael

Post imported post

Fillipi's and El Indio are known to be friendly.

If you show up to any restaurant with a group of hungry people and cash, they won't throw too much of a fuss.

Post imported post

I think that a restaurant is going to be our only option at this point. I will look into it today and get back with everyone. Either way this Saturday as soon as I figure out where I will let everyone know. I am open for suggestions also.

Post imported post

This sucks I was looking forward to a BBQ lol

Post imported post

I would love to attend but chances are i'd be late cause of work, way things are i might not get out till 11am or later. But lemme know time and a placeand ill do my best to try and meet up with you guys as soon as im off
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:

Michael
    I do not think so, though that may depend.

That area looks to be in a city/county park. If so, then it is a no-go for this sort of event. The former is a 100 dollar infraction. The latter is a misdemeanor (I believe)
    Ithink the county considers it a prak but im not sure what about fiesta island?
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast