• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY MEETUP SAN DIEGO

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

I am posting this to get a list of people interested in a UOC meeting and pot luck lunch BBQ event at Mission Beach this coming Saturday or Sunday. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

It will be saturday, around 11:30. I need a list of all people planning on attending and what you can bring. If you would like to pm me contact info that would also be great. Thank you.

chewy352

imported post

I just looked into the municipal code for San Diego and could find nothing prohibiting us from UOCing there and it looks like we are far enough away from schools in the Leisure Lagoon area. So ill be there.

IMHO everyone needs to do research as well. Not only to CYA but it will help because you might catch something that others did not.

Michael

pullnshoot25

imported post

Also, you might want to know that there is an administrative building marked as "Mission Beach School" and SDPD's opinion of whether or not to consider it a 626.9 area has been known to be variable. If you want to be cautious, I recommend treating the administrative building as a school.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

You know I was thinking about that today and I am going to make a trip over to that area tomorrow, and find an exact position that keeps us free and legal without any interpretation. Thank you pullnshoot. I appreciate it

pullnshoot25

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
You know I was thinking about that today and I am going to make a trip over to that area tomorrow, and find an exact position that keeps us free and legal without any interpretation. Thank you pullnshoot. I appreciate it

Google earth is a great tool.

pullnshoot25

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Hey if you don't mind what is your opinion on the Leisure Lagoon area? Will you be coming to the BBQ?

Michael
I do not think so, though that may depend.

That area looks to be in a city/county park. If so, then it is a no-go for this sort of event. The former is a 100 dollar infraction. The latter is a misdemeanor (I believe)

chewy352

imported post

Well i have sad news everyone. Mission Beach is a City Park and Chapter 6 article 3 Division 08 States

[align=left]Possession of Firearms and Other Devices in Parks and Open Space Areas[/align]

No persons other than those persons specifically authorized by law or City permit so to do, shall use, possess, transport, carry, fire, or discharge any fireworks, firearm, air gun, archery device, slingshot or explosive of any kind across, on, or into any City park or designated open space area. “Designated open space area” for the purpose of this section shall mean those open space lands owned by the City and described in that document on file in the office of the City Clerk as Document No. 17082. The City Manager shall have the authority to add open space areas to said document as open space areas are acquired by the City. lol

Michael :?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Mission Beach PARK is a park. Everything from the pier to Belmont Park (even that "school" area, though hat is up for a scary debate) and west of Dawes street is wide open.

chewy352

imported post

Have you seen Document No. 17082 Nate? Im thinking thats going to include the beaches but i dont know i suck at all this legal stuff lol. :banghead::banghead:

Michael

pullnshoot25

imported post

Anything that does not involve a park or a 626.9 violation is fine with me. I say go to a cool restaurant and have a stationary event since this is the first one you guys are trying. Baby steps.

chewy352

imported post

Ya The whole bay is a park. Sorry SDPISTOLGRIP but i think we need a new location. Maybe a restaurant that has patio seating so that we are still out in the open. On the board walk or something.

Michael