• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bremerton area

deepseawick

imported post

Hi, I am new to the forums and i love what i'm reading so far.

Does anyone OC on a regular basis in the Bremerton area? I have not seen a single person OC'ing yet in this area. I have only done it a couple times like getting gas and stopping by the quickie mart, nobody has said anything to me, either they didn't see it or didn't care. Would anyone want toget together for lunch or something. I just need to get my confidence up i guess.

Have a greatday everyone!

:D

kenshin

imported post

deepseawick wrote:
Hi, I am new to the forums and i love what i'm reading so far.

Does anyone OC on a regular basis in the Bremerton area? I have not seen a single person OC'ing yet in this area. I have only done it a couple times like getting gas and stopping by the quickie mart, nobody has said anything to me, either they didn't see it or didn't care. Would anyone want toget together for lunch or something. I just need to get my confidence up i guess.

Have a greatday everyone!

:D

I used to live in Bremerton, moved in the last year or so to Gig Harbor. I oced all over the place. In fact I lived just outside the Naval Base pedestrian entrance so I was OCing right in front of all the MP's. :)

Never had a problem in Bremerton though. Just a couple in Gig Harbor. I'd be more than happy to travel up and have a get together sometime. Give me a PM with some more details.

ETA. Welcome to OCDO!!

eBratt

imported post

I've OCed in Bremerton on occasion. I live up in Poulsbo. Had one run in with Poulsbo PD a couple years ago but it has been smooth sailing since. We've only had a couple get togethers over here and they've always been on Sunday so I haven't been able to make it.

sempercarry

imported post

Heya, welcome to the forum. Marine stationed at bangor here and I open carryin silverdale and bremerton all the time.....no issues, just some funny looks every now and then......Wait I take that back. I was kicked out of the brothers motorsports shop a year ago while trying to purchase a service package. Guess they didn't want my business. Perhaps a Bremerton meet is in order. I'm down for a small get together. Hows wednsday sound?

Squeak

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
Heya, welcome to the forum. Marine stationed at bangor here and I open carryin silverdale and bremerton all the time.....no issues, just some funny looks every now and then......Wait I take that back. I was kicked out of the brothers motorsports shop a year ago while trying to purchase a service package. Guess they didn't want my business. Perhaps a Bremerton meet is in order. I'm down for a small get together. Hows wednsday sound?
I'm in. I have Wed. off. Can I go? I promise I'll leave the USMC jokes home!:)

1245A Defender

imported post

Me too! last get together was out at saris on 8-15.

how about dennys, at kitsap way and hwy 3?

ive CCd for years, only OCd 4 times (because of all that i have learned from this forum) since july 22. my 1st time was at 11th & callow safeway, everything went just right, nothing happened!

why dont you start a new thread to get everybody to come to a get together in bremerton?

MadHatter66

imported post

Great area to OC, I spend most of my time in Silverdale, but I know that most of the BPD guys are up to speed. Most of the people here in the county don't say much. I think in all the time that I have OC'd here I have had one negative encounter. I do stay clear of the places that are in the do not patronize list like Costco...but thats really about it... Welcome to OCDO...

deepseawick

imported post

not sure if i can make it on Wed. What time are we talking about? i have a couple medical appt on wed. you guys set a time and i'll make it if i can.

sirpuma

imported post

I'm in Port Orchard and I OC EVERYWHERE. I don't make it out to Bummertown much, but when I do, I OC. I even OCed on that cool naval ship museum. I got hassled once at Sizzler, but once the manager learned it was perfectly legal he appologized and gave me a bunch of cupons for the salad buffett.

Once the real cold weather comes though I'll be CCing just because I'll be wearing a warm coat.:D

I would like to participate, but I'll be out of town from this Wed-Sat.

Squeak

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
Me too! last get together was out at saris on 8-15.

how about dennys, at kitsap way and hwy 3?

ive CCd for years, only OCd 4 times (because of all that i have learned from this forum) since july 22. my 1st time was at 11th & callow safeway, everything went just right, nothing happened!

why dont you start a new thread to get everybody to come to a get together in bremerton?
You named the place, now give us a time. We have 2 for sure. You Tacoma boys are surely welcome! I set it up last time and we had 10 show up. Gunny G? Ironmonger, that's walking distance for you. Bat? Trigger Dr.?