• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Lawrenceburg today

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

I went to the local walmart with my family, got a few people looking oddly, but nothing was said. I really wasnt there long though. Son changed his mind, and I got what I needed....

Went to movie gallery as well. I was in there for a long time with my family, absolutely nothing at all was said.

At first I had some reservations on ocing, with just dealing with the local PD. I was quite nervous to be honest. I read on here that a rights not used is rights lost. So after reading that, I had to go for it. I even made arrrangements to find some one to come get my kids if the local PD was more ignorant of the law than I was.

givemeliberty

imported post

It's funny to see how people go through that transformation of being nervous and afraid when they first start to ocing. I was right were you were at two years ago.That feeling passes over time. I oc every day, and it's become part of my daily routine.

Mike

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

Well, the reservations come from the over all out look received from the local PD. Ive not had any runs in with them, but I've had some stories told to me about just brute force overwhelming intimidation. I am an active foster parent, and I know lots of stories. Yet, I'm no fool, I also know that that is all some of these are, just stories. Maybe I just need practice, but I have a rather short fuse, and I'd be afraid I'd say something stupid, just plainly because I KNOW I'm right, and no one would care in that situation.

Yet there again, I dont want some one to vote down this right we have, simply because no one uses it. I've begin to notice now how many, MANY stores have no guns signs in the windows. Local walmart now being one of them.

With all the reading I've done, it seems all some one has to do is ask you to leave, seeing its private property. I cant wait to get my CCW, then I can remove the offending weapon, just to carry the other. Its the whole offending part I dont like. Simply because people just dont know. Truth be told, I probably shoot better than most of the local officers. I know I get more practice. Of course if they paid them more, they might find more time.... But that a discussion for another forum. Maybe we need to run an add on a local TV station? With enough clubs, and maybe a fund raiser or two, we might be able to pull that off.

KL

TheMrMitch

imported post

Yes,use it or lose it.

Just got back from WW.....and an ice cream parlor....and a laundry mat....and Pamida....and Long John Silver's.

Walked ALL over Wally World. Electronics (new recorder)....sporting goods (box of shells)....mens' wear (pants)....shoe dept for new sneakers and finally the potty. Black pants, black Glock shirt and my Glock 21 in a Fobus paddle holster.:dude: