• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthly OC Breakfast

8th ID

imported post

OK. My idea for a monthly OC breakfast. 3rd Saturday of every month @ 9:30am. Alternating between Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans.

Next one will be Saturday Oct. 17th, 9:30 am at Cracker Barrel off Winchester Rd. in Lexington.

givemeliberty

imported post

The third weekend ofevery month is bad for me, I have training.:( Can we make it for another weekend?

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I don't have any recurring events. Any day and time is OK by me. Making this event a regularly scheduled event will help me to plan for it and not schedule something else. Make it the same bat-time, same bat-channel each month, and I can make most of them.

I'm already looking forward to the next one.

8th ID

imported post

I'm officially turning this over to someone else to come up with a date. There is ALWAYS going to be something ELSE....

Liberty4Ever

imported post

For planning a specific event, it makes sense to avoid other specific events. If we're trying to plan a recurring event, we should ignore the specific events next month and set a day and time that avoids other regularly scheduled events.

To pick a day and time for a regular OC breakfast or lunch, we need to see the big picture, and only the big picture. Yes, there will always be conflicts for some people. We can't pick a time that ensures that all people will always be able to attend. The goal is to set a regular meeting that the maximum number of people can regularly attend.

IMO, we'd have a lot more people attending if we picked a day and time and stuck with it, rather than having a three page thread every time we want to have breakfast... or even worse, three threads, each 1-3 pages, just trying to meet for breakfast.

PS - Bob Evans had good blackberry cobbler. :)

langzaiguy

imported post

How about the last Saturday of the month? True, it would be a lot simpler if we meet at the same place every month, though I do like going to different places. Hang in there 8th :)

BigBubba

imported post

I only made it to 1 of the 3 mealsi'v known about but I'll try to start keeping the last saturday of the month open for breakfast. Sorry I missed the last one, sounds like there was good attendance.

Brian D.

imported post

8th ID, over at the Ohioans For CC forums, we have an unwritten rule that says whoever starts the meetup threads gets to be the final arbiter of place, date, and location, after getting suggestions for a week or so. Whoever can't make it, is free to start the thread next time.

Before we started doing things that way it would, as Liberty4Ever said, take weeks and weeks to pick the time/place, and occasionally the idea was just abandoned.

givemeliberty

imported post

I like Brians idea, it's fair. Though it may not always work out with my schedule. I like the Idea of meetup to. Especially if we want to attract more members. there's a lot of other like minded people that belong to Conservative political meetup groups that don't even know what we are doing. And meetup would be a great place for them to find us.

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

8Th man, just pick a date, time, set it in stone... Start a new thread telling us, then close it. Some times we might be able to make it, some times we might not. If we cant make it this month, we make it the next. I just need to be able to tell my friends when and where.