• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Freedom Rally

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I also asked my dad and sister to come. They are both into guns but I'm trying to nudge them into the political aspect of it...
Hopefully, we get more than gun people. This is about much more than guns. Every election we're approached by people, with their hats in their hands, and promised the world if we vote for them.

After the election they break their word and develop a "Whadda gonna do about it" attitude...until the next election.

The Innsbook thing is an insult to not only gun owners, it's an in your face gesture to every voter in this state. An elitist event.

The only way to change our system of government without destroying it first, is for the majority to say screw you, ..in a loud clear voice. That gets their attention.

I'm not naive enough to ever expect good people to run for office. What I do expect, is for the idiots we elect, to know their place.

Too early for the soapbox this:lol: morning So I'll let Homer stokes give his opinion of the roundup

homer-stokes.jpg

Hell, they ain't even old timey!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
i plan on going

Ed -

Bring Brooke if you can. See if she can get school credit for attending (OK, she may have to write something about it :() as an inducement for Little Miss Rock the Vote.

Anyone else that has kids - bring them. If they are old enough to understand, explain why we are protesting the Republical Roundup being held at gun-unfriendly Innsbrook. If they are not old enough to understand the issue bring them anyhow because it will help show that gun owners are not just beer-bellied toothless rednecks with scraggly beards and NASCAR stickers on their pickup trucks.:shock:;):D

stay safe.

skidmark

Repeater

imported post

peter nap wrote:
This may well be the most important political statement we've made. If we get a Grand Slam in the election, we could make more progress in the next few years than in the last 10.
How terribly insensitive of the 7th district SCC to hold this event on the same weekend as a local gun show. Accidentally on purpose, perhaps?

Perhaps a calculated - even cynical -- move to diminish any impact gun owners might have. But perhaps this is an event that is more important than a gun show.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Repeater wrote:
peter nap wrote:
This may well be the most important political statement we've made. If we get a Grand Slam in the election, we could make more progress in the next few years than in the last 10.
How terribly insensitive of the 7th district SCC to hold this event on the same weekend as a local gun show. Accidentally on purpose, perhaps?

Perhaps a calculated - even cynical -- move to diminish any impact gun owners might have. But perhaps this is an event that is more important than a gun show.
And
During bow season. Creighton's!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

If someone is working the show, I'll print up some fliers with directions. We may get a couple hundred extras from the show.

Bulldog1967

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
Since numbers are going to be important for this one, why don't we all pledge to try and bring one extra person with us to the event? I'm sure we all know gun owners who are sympathetic to the cause but not active. Grab one of them and bring em along!

I will be shooting video of the event for VCDL and a have a passenger van I could load up with people from NOVA.

PM me to let me know if you need a ride, I have 6 open seats.

Matt

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
Since numbers are going to be important for this one, why don't we all pledge to try and bring one extra person with us to the event? I'm sure we all know gun owners who are sympathetic to the cause but not active. Grab one of them and bring em along!

I will be shooting video of the event for VCDL
Wahoooo!:celebrate:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm going to try to get some Victoria area people to come. Bow really will be a factor there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
If someone is working the show, I'll print up some fliers with directions. We may get a couple hundred extras from the show.
Now there is an idea that has paid your dues here for the next month! Might see if we can get signs on the doors - wouldn't hurt to ask.

BTW - there is plenty of time to go hunting or to the gun show in the morning and still make the VCDL Freedom Rally. Do both, if mommy will let you. :D

Yes, women are good, kids are better and both in combination are golden/priceless at such events as this.

Yata hey

Dragonfly

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I'll be there in the PM. A big sign at the VCDL Table pointing to the event would not be a bad Idea either

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
peter nap wrote:
I'll be there in the PM. A big sign at the VCDL Table pointing to the event would not be a bad Idea either
Any chance of bringing a few people from God's country?
I'm going to post some fliers in Victoria. May get some people since they can't hunt dogs during bow season.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I'm going to post some fliers in Victoria. May get some people since they can't hunt dogs during bow season.
When does the season on dogs open? Does it coincide with tourist season? :lol:

BTW - Zeus would be a big attention getter at the rally.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Yata hey
Zeus i thinking about running for Morrissey's job.

zeusball.jpg

Dragonfly

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Yata hey

I can post some flyers down my way; think kidnapping is still against the law down here though.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
I'm g

I can post some flyers down my way; think kidnapping is still against the law down here though.
And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!:shock:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Spread the word - this is the big event before the elections.

Next thing you know we'll be voting.

Lobby Day isn't until next year - need help this year, before the elections.

Make your voice heard!

Remember to officially respond per the OP link on the Va-Alert above.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Me the wife and the kids will be there. I am working on a few from workand where I liveand have also sent many emails. Let me know if you need some help for early set up.