Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Because everyone who owns a gun needs to be turned in....

Post imported post

"The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

This billboard is up on Hawthorne Rd, heading into Gainesville, just inside city limits.

Should I call up and report myself? I have dozens of guns, and none of them are 'registered' and I don't have any 'permits.' :quirky

This is @#$%ing incredible.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Post imported post

What does the fine print at the bottom of the sign say?

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
    Not sure, I'll get a closer look at it tomorrow. I snapped that with my iPhone as I was driving by on my motorcycle... No, I was not talking on it while eating a hotdog and juggling as well.....

;-)

Post imported post

I'm curious, how can an anonymous tip result in a specific named person getting $1,000?

Much less that this bitch is suggesting that she will pay people to 'report' anyone who has a gun and then go on a witch hunt.

It isn't a crime to own guns here. There is no registration, and no permits. Is this sheriff bitch really such a bubble-head? Or, as usual, has an ulterior motive?

I'm going to go down there tomorrow and stir up some shi, I mean, ask some questions...

With the imperialist attitude they have here, I'm expecting to be asked a bunch of stupid questions myself.

"Sir, do you have any guns?"
    "Why hes, more than I can count!"
    "Are they registered to you?"
    "Nope, not a one."
    "Do you have permits for them?"
    "Nope, no permits."

I absolutely KNOW that conversation will happen. I just HAVE to see what comes next.

Especially the part where I say:

"Hey, I'm the one asking the questions here." "How do you give $1,000 to someone who is anonymous?" "Why are you offering money to people to 'report' to you about something that is not a crime?" "How will harassing, intimidating, provoking, and insulting gun owners reduce crime?" "How is alienating that group, probably your greatest ally in fighting crime, ever going to help you or the public?" "What methods do you use to follow-up on these reports of non-crime?" "Why are you doing something that cannot possibly have the results you claim it is intended to have?" "What are your true motives?"

I'll be sure to have the voice recorder going.... Am I in Keene? ;-)

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    I'm curious, how can an anonymous tip result in a specific named person getting $1,000?
    There are "Crime Stoppers" and "Tip Lines" all over the country. They promise awards for anonymous tips, usually upon conviction.

When informants call in, they are given a unique ID number and password for that particular case. When the conditions are met (usually a conviction for specific charges), they can show up and present that number and password and receive prepaid debit cards without showing any ID.

Of course, given the nature of most informants, and the fact that it can take months or years for a conviction, many (if not most) of these "rewards" are never claimed.

Post imported post

I think I'll call that number and report myself for carrying a gun today.

Think they'll drive up here to St. Louis to get me?

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    TFred wrote:

TFred
    Not sure, I'll get a closer look at it tomorrow. I snapped that with my iPhone as I was driving by on my motorcycle... No, I was not talking on it while eating a hotdog and juggling as well.....

;-)
    Well, as near as I can make out in the photo....

This project was supported by Grant No. 2000-xx-xx-xxxx awarded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance. The Bureau of Justice Assistance xxxxxx is a component of the office of Justice Programs which also includes the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the National Institute of Justice, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and the Office for Victims of Crime. Points of view or opinions in this xxxxxxxx are those of the author and do not represent the political position or policies of the United States Department of Justice.
    It seems to make it sound like it is USDOJ, but it's not....

But, those official sounding names are part of the USDOJ, and are found at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ "Office of Justice Programs"

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Alas it takes to long to recover your gun from the cops to make it worthwhile.
    It's even worse to get a conviction on those rights violators.
    Maybe Danbus should ask for his 'reward'.

Post imported post

Its just a program that citizens can call in if they have information about a crime which a weapon was used.....almost like Crimestoppers.

Damn, some of you guys need to change your manpons...Do a little research before you go stir up shi, I mean, make a fool of yourself.

Post imported post

ixtow and everyone else,

this doesnt suprise me one bit. Over the weekend I was doing some research and came across a site called The Florida League of Cities... and their agenda is part and parcel with Mayors against Illegal Guns.. which is a BS front organization for anti's.

See these threads:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/31731.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum17/31733.html

This is exactly WHY Florida NEEDS a strong grassroots Pro 2A organization focused on state and local rights.

ixtow, I know you and I disagree on whether or not Florida can be turned around. But I am telling you , this is no different than a bully in a schoolyard. You punch them in the nose hard and they will turn and tuck tail quick. The proverbial punch in the nose will be the currency these people understand, which is VOTES. You want to see the Mayors organization crumble quick. Start getting registered voters showing up in force telling them this is BS... It CAN happen , It WILL happen.

Get on board or clear the path my friend.

Rebel
    American by birth, Southern by choice

Post imported post

Highlander wrote:
    Its just a program that citizens can call in if they have information about a crime which a weapon was used.....almost like Crimestoppers.

Damn, some of you guys need to change your manpons...Do a little research before you go stir up shi, I mean, make a fool of yourself.
    Highlander,

On the surface what you have said appears to be quite true. However if you delve just a little deeper into the two threads I posted in the previous reply, you will find that this program is nothing more than a single tool that is being used with an overall intent of pushing a complete anti agenda. Start in 2006 with their framework document, move over and look at the Mayors against illeg guns website and you will find that they have taken that framework almost part and parcel and used it in their programs... Move over to the Florida League of Cities and you will see that they are pushing those agendas quite effectively behind the scenes in Florida to diminish all citizens rights hoping all the while no one will care or be looking.

Respectfully

Rebel

Post imported post

No matter the intent, an honest person cannot deny the plain reading of the billboard:

"Gun Bounty Program"

"Arrest + Gun Recovery + Weapons Charge"

No mention of any crimes or criminals. This certainly implies that if you have a gun,
    you and your gun are the subject of this program. My guess is the sponsors of such a
    program would prefer you report all guns, and let them sort out which ones are
    illegal... It may be interesting for someone to call and record (from a one party
    consent state!) to see what their procedure is for discerning the validity of a report.

There are several of these programs in place.

Here is a document from a few years back which evaluates a similar sounding
    program in Pittsburgh. Very interesting, especially the end, which is a section on the
    legal implications of the program.

It is very unlikely that a juvenile would use their Constitutional rights, refuse to
    be searched, and ask police officers to produce a search warrant. It is to be
    noted that evidence produced without a search warrant is not admissible in a
    court of law. However, police agents use different tactics to approach a juvenile
    who is a suspect of possessing or carrying a gun. These situations and tactics can
    include:

The suspect appears to be running away and a crime has just been reported in the area.
    The suspect is hanging around with some people who are under police investigation.
    The suspect is near where a crime has just been reported.
    The suspect is somewhere where the officer thinks people have no reason to be
    at that time of day or night and his presence.
    The person acts is suspicious, and acts even more suspiciously when the officer
    sees that you have spotted him.
    The officer thinks that the suspect may have stolen property in his possession.
    The officer legally stops the suspect on the street or while driving in his car and
    refuses to answer simple questions, gives false or evasive answers or makes
    contradicting statements.
    Someone has reported the suspect as a possible suspect involved in a crime.
    The suspect hangs around places and people who are using or selling drugs .
    The suspects uses obscene language, acts disorderly, or drunk and or high in a public place.

This may lead to the commission of other misdemeanors that would allow police
    officers to claim that they have found a suspect committing a fragrant [sic] crime.
    Such a crime does not require a warrant and would produce evidence that would
    be admissible in court.
    TFred

ETFix formatting

Post imported post

No matter the intent, an honest person cannot deny the plain reading of the billboard:

"Gun Bounty Program"

You are completely right the plain reading is clear. I believe it to be in good intent and context like Highlander believes. NO WHERE on that sign however does it say anything about non "registered" guns or without "license". None of that plain reading implicates either of those. A point that the OP is taking as a misconception as to the underlying intent of this sign.

Yes it could be more clear, but that would take a lot of wording on a billboard that passer by's only get a chance to see/read for a few seconds.

It takes a little intelligent interpretation from both sides. Besides, they are looking for an arrest, recovery, and charge. None of which will be had or obtained with a LAC.

If the worry here is about getting harassed from a bad phone call, well it doesn't take a sign to make an idiot call about a Man With A Gun.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

"Gun Bounty Program"

No mention of any crimes or criminals. This certainly implies that if you have a gun, you and your gun are the subject of this program. My guess is the sponsors of such a program would prefer you report all guns, and let them sort out which ones are illegal... It may be interesting for someone to call and record (from a one party consent state!) to see what their procedure is for discerning the validity of a report.
    I'm sorry, but the way I read it, it most certainly does mention criminals, albeit only by implication. "Gun recovery" means tomy mind, recovering STOLEN guns. This program sounds a great deal like programs that tack on extra sentences if the criminal was found carrying a gun.

Post imported post

This sign, and the stated purpose of the "bounty program" make a very strong implication that the mere act of owning a gun is a crime.

I'm testing how it is handled. Do they come a knockin' after I answer their questions and ask mine? The sign sure implies that they will.

A plain reading of the sign tells the reader that if they call that number and tell whoever answers that their neighbor owns a gun, they might make a cool $1,000. A asked about 20 people who were walking near the sign, without suggesting this, and it was unanimous. So the 'what do you think it means" argument is moot.

Should I just trust that Big Brother is in-line, or make sure? If they ask questions about licenses or registration, its a witch hunt. If they attempt to verify something criminal was done, not merely possess, then I'm just being an zealous watcher of the watchers, no harm done. Knowing the attitude the fuzz have here, it could go either way.

Post imported post

rebel-patriot wrote:
    ixtow and everyone else,

this doesnt suprise me one bit. Over the weekend I was doing some research and came across a site called The Florida League of Cities... and their agenda is part and parcel with Mayors against Illegal Guns.. which is a BS front organization for anti's.

See these threads:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/31731.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum17/31733.html

This is exactly WHY Florida NEEDS a strong grassroots Pro 2A organization focused on state and local rights.

ixtow, I know you and I disagree on whether or not Florida can be turned around. But I am telling you , this is no different than a bully in a schoolyard. You punch them in the nose hard and they will turn and tuck tail quick. The proverbial punch in the nose will be the currency these people understand, which is VOTES. You want to see the Mayors organization crumble quick. Start getting registered voters showing up in force telling them this is BS... It CAN happen , It WILL happen.

Get on board or clear the path my friend.

Rebel
    i certainly wouldn't obstruct you in your efforts. Print out every word I've posted on the subject, and I will literallly ear my words if/when Florida turns yellow.

"punch them in the nose" in Florida and you'll just be a missing person. I had the pioneering attitude you have several years ago. I was followed, my home broken into, death threats by phone and in person, was run off the road by squad cars, pulled out of the car window by my head and beaten in the middle of the road with no explanation, the list goes on...

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    "Gun Bounty Program"

No mention of any crimes or criminals.* This certainly implies that if you have a gun,
    you and your gun are the subject of this program.* My guess is the sponsors of such a
    program would prefer you report all guns, and let them sort out which ones are
    illegal...* It may be interesting for someone to call and record (from a one party
    consent state!) to see what their procedure is for discerning the validity of a report.
    This is exactly the meaning that every passer by read, as well as myself. And it is my intent to determine what the process for qualifying a "tip" is.

KBCraig, thanks for the education, didn't know that.

Post imported post

I apologize for all the replies, but I was working from my iPhone, which is a little difficult.

I called the SO's "Communication Office" to ask questions about their process. The phone was answered by a male who did not identify himself and refused to...

But it turned out to be not so bad. I asked several questions, and as it turns out, excatly the scenario I was most concerned with had been played out. The unidentified man was quite forthcoming with details of incidents where Flaming Liberals of this town had attempted to use the SO as a tool for harassment. Apparently, it isn't just gun-related. Apparently, Flaming Liberals of this town try to send the SO to people they disagree with in a wide range if circumstances, including filing false reports for just about any crime they can pretend to have anonymously witnessed. Sometimes with liberal sympathizer LEOs who were more than willing to push the envelope against gun owners. As a result, they have developed a policy of asking up-front, what crime the caller believes has been committed, instead of just taking names and locations and dispatching without concern as they had in the past (I am curious how long the SO operated under that premise and when these changes were made...). He was unable or unwilling to provide any data regarding complaints or cases on the matter, but did say that it had been a problem for the SO at one time, but was not anymore. It wasn't specifically said, but I inferred that, the SO had been in a bit of trouble for crossing lines on behalf of the Flaming Left persons who gave them bogus tips.

The unidentified man also stated that there are protocols in place specifically to weed out politically motivated reports specifically because they are such a big problem here. He said that he has personally hung up on people reporting 'unregistered guns' as the 'crime' they believe is being committed. (I presume he has worked on the tip line).

Now, if the tip line actually handles it this way, I'm not sure. I don't want to submit a false 'tip' for several reasons. It would be interesting to see what happens, but feel that would be like calling up 911 and pretending I was having trouble breathing just to see how fast they get here... Not exactly the kind of thing a decent guy would do.

Seems the Liberals were their own enemy in trying to use the SO for harassment of people that don't agree with their agenda. I gathered that the SO did at one time, use any excuse they could to kick in a door or interrogate in a JBT fashion, but that they put their hand on that burner one too many times already and don't do it anymore. Essentially, what I would have done to them, but they've already learned their lesson.

I inquired as to the consequences faced by those who attempted to file, or did file false reports. He declined to provide any legal citations on the matter, but said that they rarely attempt to prosecute false reporters, they just ignore them.

I suppose I could do my own research on the matters the unidentified person declined or was unable to answer to, but as the matter appears to already be handled, I don't think I will.

Post imported post

Did he explain how the complaintee got the serial number to check it's
    registration, or how they ran the number to see it wasn't registered.

b&e or roofies...... are the only way I can see to get mine without my knowledge.

Seems to me any complaint about an unregistered gun is an open admission
    to having committed a crime, or a false report (also a crime).
    Involving armed police in the scam, and you have met the criteria once
    you get the 'anonymous' caller convicted and your gun back.

Must be a lot of fishing and camping around there for everyone to see the guns.:shock:

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Did he explain how the complaintee got the serial number to check it's
    registration, or how they ran the number to see it wasn't registered.

b&e or roofies...... are the only way I can see to get mine without my knowledge.

Seems to me any complaint about an unregistered gun is an open admission
    to having committed a crime, or a false report (also a crime).
    Involving armed police in the scam, and you have met the criteria once
    you get the 'anonymous' caller convicted and your gun back.

Must be a lot of fishing and camping around there for everyone to see the guns.:shock:
    1) there isn't any gun registration here. Anyone mentioning it is either an idiot or on a witch hunt and testing you. It is always best to play into their hands.

2) Anyone not goose-stepping down the middle of University Avenue with Obama Stickers all over their body is assumed to be a Blue Ribboin swilling, toothless Redneck with machine guns and Grenades in his trailer. Non-participation in their gaudy stupidities is considered all the evidence they need to pass judgment on you as unworthy of life or freedom. That is how these people think and live here. Nobody needs to see 'my guns' or even have any real knowledge that I have any or not. They presume that I do. The crux and identifier are one and the same. The Liberal 'whistle blowers' have no idea if the person they are 'reporting' has a gun or not. Nor do they care. They're just trying to cause problems for someone who dares not worship their Messiah. They are simply dumb enough to think that owning one at all is a crime (as this sign implies) and they just make it up like they do so many other things. With an offer of $1,000 for it, they tend to use "He has a gun" quite frequently, apparently. I'm glad to know that the SO's response is now "So what?" Even though it has not always been... The combination of factors was my concern. Liberal Cops, a sign telling the populace that guns are a crime come get your money for squeeling on your political enemies, and an overwhelming majority of people who very much like that idea. Seems the SO set this thing up to do almost nothing but get a bunch of false tips and it doesn't really serve any other purpose in this environment. I get the feeling that the SO wanted to have a flowing river of excuses to go kicking down doors and harassing those who obviously didn't vote as they were told to. But it backfired and is now just a standing reminder of ulterior motives that didn't pan out. If this 'bounty program' has done anything at all to stem any kind of crime or violence, I'll eat my shorts. Twice.

When an officer uses phrases like "Are they registered?" or "Do you have a permit for those?" I know I'm dealing with a **** who didn't get the memo, or thinks she can get away with making it up as she goes. I play right into it. I pretend not to know that there are no such things here. I like to see where the Officer tries to take the 'leverage' she thinks she has after I tell her that, no, none of my guns are registered and I don't have any permits... I make no implication to knowing that neither concept exists here.

When a "tipster" does the same, it should be clear to the operator that this person is talking out their ass and just trying to send the SO on a witch hunt for daring not to have "Obama" tattooed across their face... Standing policy, as the unidentified man stated, is to disregard these 'tips.' But if the caller is a leftist, the call taker is a leftist, the dispatcher is a leftist, and the responding officer is a leftist.... Who says the policy is followed? Apparently, they've had exactly that kind of problem already and it came back to bite them on the ass.

My intent was to discover if the SO makes contact with the subject of the 'tip' in any way, and if so, does it conform to the restrictions of the 4th. I found out that it does, but not by choice.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:

When an officer uses phrases like "Are they registered?" or "Do you have a permit for those?" I know I'm dealing with a **** who didn't get the memo, or thinks she can get away with making it up as she goes. I play right into it. I pretend not to know that there are no such things here. I like to see where the Officer tries to take the 'leverage' she thinks she has after I tell her that, no, none of my guns are registered and I don't have any permits... I make no implication to knowing that neither concept exists here.
    Simpler to respond:

"Any firearms that I may own are in compliance with applicable statute."

If you "play right into it," do you mean you lie and agree that they are registered and you have permits?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Mine are properly registered at home, need serial numbers in safe.
    Never know when the gun grabbers will need the numbers off of the guns
    that sank in the tragic summer boat trip.

Has anyone figured how you declare the loss on your taxes?
    Might need to keep up with the facts to protect oneself from illegal
    accessing of the secure irs data. Fortunately there is no law forcing
    you to deduct losses yet. But I put nothing passed a brady bunch government.

With the HUGE gun price jump, and the MASSIVE earnings drop it is going to
    be hard to prove you didn't have a large enough loss to declare on tax forms.
    It is ironic that they use legislation like Patriot Act to enforce China style justice.

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    ixtow wrote:

Simpler to respond:

If you "play right into it," do you mean you lie and agree that they are registered and you have permits?
    No. I thought I made it clear.

When an officer exposes his/her desire to confound or lie his or herself, I let him or her think that I am falling for it.

When I am asked if my guns are registered, I say; "No." But I do not inform them that I know that there is no such thing as registration. I do not let on that I know they are vying for false leverage. "Sir, you've admitted to me that your guns are not registered, now, do you still refuse to allow a search?" is usually what comes next. And, of course, I still refuse consent to search. the smart ones catch on real fast and back off. The @#$%s are just blown away that I don't "respect their authoratah." Usually, they get more beligerant, but there comes a point where they decide their job is more important than trying to push me around.

They believe I am ignorant for not calling their bluff. They believe it gave them some kind of coercive powers by 'admitting' to something that isn't even real. I still don't budge. But I have learned exactly how far this officer is willing to go to cross the line. He/she is a JBT.

I create an environment in which said JBT thinks he is dealing with someone who doesn't know that registration does not exist. He thinks he's pulled a fast one on me, and then tries to build upon that deception. I am the sheepdog in sheep's clothing. I play the role of the target, and then it all falls apart on them.

Decent cops don't even go down that road, so, no problem.

Get it?

I do stuff like that in discussions on this very forum. If someone wants to step in it, I make sure the pile is nice and deep.....

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    ixtow wrote:

Simpler to respond:

No. I thought I made it clear.

When an officer exposes his/her desire to confound or lie his or herself, I let him or her think that I am falling for it.

When I am asked if my guns are registered, I say; "No." But I do not inform them that I know that there is no such thing as registration. I do not let on that I know they are vying for false leverage. "Sir, you've admitted to me that your guns are not registered, now, do you still refuse to allow a search?" is usually what comes next. And, of course, I still refuse consent to search. the smart ones catch on real fast and back off. The @#$%s are just blown away that I don't "respect their authoratah." Usually, they get more beligerant, but there comes a point where they decide their job is more important than trying to push me around.

They believe I am ignorant for not calling their bluff. They believe it gave them some kind of coercive powers by 'admitting' to something that isn't even real. I still don't budge. But I have learned exactly how far this officer is willing to go to cross the line. He/she is a JBT.

I create an environment in which said JBT thinks he is dealing with someone who doesn't know that registration does not exist. He thinks he's pulled a fast one on me, and then tries to build upon that deception. I am the sheepdog in sheep's clothing. I play the role of the target, and then it all falls apart on them.

Decent cops don't even go down that road, so, no problem.

Get it?

I do stuff like that in discussions on this very forum. If someone wants to step in it, I make sure the pile is nice and deep.....
    So you lie and/or misdirect in order to feel superior... :quirky Simpler to simply do like I mentioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast