Thread: I am not at liberty to answer your question...

Post imported post

I was open carrying in the federal way area, walking my german shepherd, a random person was commenting on the dog, and asked... Are you a cop? I said no... I'm independent... / who are you with he asks? my response - "I am not at liberty to answer your question... "

His response was "oh... cool, nice dog!" - moves on...

Yep... so thats my random encounter...

I just downplayed it as much as possible.. I dont like negative encounters - I wouldnt count this as one.

Last time someone noticed my firearm was at the gas station around the corner from where I live, I was in line to pay for my gas and the guy behind me literally bent over for a closer look at my firearm... people are strange.. lol

SP

Banned

Post imported post

RCW 9A.60.045
    Criminal impersonation in the second degree.

[/b](1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree if the person:

(a)(i) creates an impression that he or she is a law enforcement officer

(ii) Under circumstances not amounting to criminal impersonation in the first degree, does an act with intent to convey the impression that he or she is acting in an official capacity and a reasonable person would believe the person is a law enforcement officer

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

RCW 9A.60.045

(1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree if the person:

(a)(i) creates an impression that he or she is a law enforcement officer

(ii) Under circumstances not amounting to criminal impersonation in the first degree, does an act with intent to convey the impression that he or she is acting in an official capacity and a reasonable person would believe the person is a law enforcement officer
    I'm not sure your correct what he said does not necessarily seem as though he is trying to convey he is LE but some could construe it that way I suppose.

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

RCW 9A.60.045

[/b](1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree if the person:

**** (a)(i) creates an impression that he or she is a law enforcement officer

********** (ii) Under circumstances not amounting to criminal impersonation in the first degree, does an act with intent to convey the impression that he or she is acting in an official capacity and a reasonable person would believe the person is a law enforcement officer

That doesn't apply...

Doesnt further our cause being flippant like that, but it's not illegal either.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

If I was involved in that conversation I would be led to believe he was in a private security field of some sort. Whether private investigations, security, or body guard duty... Who knows... But that is what it would have sounded like to me.

I have a bunch of shirts with different shields and names of different law enforcement agencies. I never wear them when open carrying... Just cautious.

Post imported post

when asked "Who i was with"... i would have replied... "My dog of course..."

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.