• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSU Has Course On Response To Shooter

Michigander

imported post

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

lapeer20m

imported post

i posted a comment on the link

if only law makers would create a law that prohibits people from carrying guns on college campuses we would eliminate shootings on college campuses. oh wait.....that has been tried, and those darned criminals just don't seem to obey the law...they act like criminals! How about allowing law abiding citizens to actually protect themselves and eliminating pistol free zones (aka criminal empowerment zones)

T Vance

imported post

I like this guys response to this part of the article...

ARTICLE

"The course's parts are titled "Defining Active Shooter," "Surviving An Active Shooter Incident," "Calling/Reporting an Active Shooter Incident," "Helping the Injured," and "Police Response: What to Expect."

RESPONSE

"A one hour online class to tell you how to deal with a campus shooter.....

Let's see:
Defining Active Shooter = The guy with the gun actively shooting at people...
Surviving an Active Shooter Incident = Run!!!
Calling/Reporting an Active Shooter Incident = Call 911!
Helping the Injured = Once again, call 911!!!
Police Response: What to expect = If in Detroit, you would be better off pulling out your own gun and actively shooting back at the active shooter because the DPD will be there in about 2-3 hours...if they show up at all.

Thank you for attending this free online class on how to deal with an Active Shooting Incident
."

pmcqueen37

imported post

T Vance wrote:
ARTICLE

"
Police Response: What to expect = If in Detroit, you would be better off pulling out your own gun and actively shooting back at the active shooter because the DPD will be there in about 2-3 hours...if they show up at all.

Thank you for attending this free online class on how to deal with an Active Shooting Incident
."
Actually have a step son that attends WSU, lived in the Lodge (M10) and Clairmount area, house broken into, Him and several roommates robbed at, Gun, knife and baseball bat point, DPD arrives hours later, with a suggestion for next time "buy a gun"

Michigander

imported post

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would choose to go to school around there.

A WSU student basically has 2 choices. Either live in the "green zone" as I call it in a shitty little dormitory with no suitable means to defend yourself other than the heavy handed police, or live some distance away and have to regularly commute through some terrible neighborhoods. It's just a dumb idea any way I look at it.