Thread: Mayors Against Guns

Post imported post

Can someone in Ashland, Park Falls and Rhinelander ask their mayor why he is still on this list -other thantrying to be a buddyup with the mayors of New York, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...&issue=011

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns..../members.shtml

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

I sent an email to each of the mayors on the MAIG list for Wisconsin.

Mayor Dave Ross of Superior replied to say that he resigned from the organization.

Mayor Jim Schmitt from Green Bay was very polite and stated that he has also resigned from the organization

Mayor Kristine Deiss of West Bend sent to me the MAIG talking points and her form letter about her membership in MAIG basically echoing the MAIG talking points. Here I thought West Bend was a pretty conservative community.

Mayor Ratzlaff of Park Falls, sent to me the same MAIG talking points, but said if I had further information, he would review it. I sent to him several links and comments debunking the MAIG propaganda. Have not heard from him since.

No other mayor responded to me.

MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
    I sent an email to each of the mayors on the MAIG list for Wisconsin.

Mayor Dave Ross of Superior replied to say that he resigned from the organization.

Mayor Jim Schmitt from Green Bay was very polite and stated that he has also resigned from the organization

Mayor Kristine Deiss of West Bend sent to me the MAIG talking points and her form letter about her membership in MAIG basically echoing the MAIG talking points. Here I thought West Bend was a pretty conservative community.

Mayor Ratzlaff of Park Falls, sent to me the same MAIG talking points, but said if I had further information, he would review it. I sent to him several links and comments debunking the MAIG propaganda. Have not heard from him since.

No other mayor responded to me.

MOLON LABE!

Thank you.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

Yes thank you! It is a heinous organization which has managed to hoodwink some otherwise well-intentioned and decent mayors across the country. Fortunately some of them have taken a closer look at it's agenda and have quit.

Why Mayor Blooming-idiot and his wannabe gestapo agents have not been brought up on charges for straw purchases is a mystery.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Yes thank you! It is a heinous organization which has managed to hoodwink some otherwise well-intentioned and decent mayors across the country. Fortunately some of them have taken a closer look at it's agenda and have quit.

Why Mayor Blooming-idiot and his wannabe gestapo agents have not been brought up on charges for straw purchases is a mystery.
    Speaking of hoodwinking, I like how now this group says they support the second admendment...... Bloomberg and Daley must not have read Heller.

This what happens in Bloomberg's city when you carry for self-defense:

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...terstitialskip

Post imported post

Watertown Mayor Ron Krueger was a member of MAIG as well. I received a letter from the NRA informing me of this, and before I had a chance to write him a letter expressing my disappointment, he swiftly wrote a "Voice of the People" explaining that he had withdrawn from the organization upon further review of it... stating that there were certain things about the organization that he did not support.

I have to lend the guy some credit for that.

Post imported post

oofdah wrote:
    Watertown Mayor Ron Krueger was a member of MAIG as well. I received a letter from the NRA informing me of this, and before I had a chance to write him a letter expressing my disappointment, he swiftly wrote a "Voice of the People" explaining that he had withdrawn from the organization upon further review of it... stating that there were certain things about the organization that he did not support.

I have to lend the guy some credit for that.
    Yes, I think we should give recognition and thanks to those who are honest enough to withdraw "after further review."
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

I'm a little skeptical of anyone who jumps into something as contoversial as this...without reviewing it first to know exactly what they are getting into.

Could save a lot of back peddling and explaining later on if you do your research up front.

But, such is the way for politicians. Do what you feel would boost your image without worrying about the actual substance is.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Kind'a like Republicans as once and future Democrats. What principle allows one to change stripes so?

Post imported post

Thanked my Mayor for his resignation.