• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors Against Guns

patriotguy

imported post

I sent an email to each of the mayors on the MAIG list for Wisconsin.

Mayor Dave Ross of Superior replied to say that he resigned from the organization.

Mayor Jim Schmitt from Green Bay was very polite and stated that he has also resigned from the organization

Mayor Kristine Deiss of West Bend sent to me the MAIG talking points and her form letter about her membership in MAIG basically echoing the MAIG talking points. Here I thought West Bend was a pretty conservative community.

Mayor Ratzlaff of Park Falls, sent to me the same MAIG talking points, but said if I had further information, he would review it. I sent to him several links and comments debunking the MAIG propaganda. Have not heard from him since.

No other mayor responded to me.

MOLON LABE!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
I sent an email to each of the mayors on the MAIG list for Wisconsin.

Mayor Dave Ross of Superior replied to say that he resigned from the organization.

Mayor Jim Schmitt from Green Bay was very polite and stated that he has also resigned from the organization

Mayor Kristine Deiss of West Bend sent to me the MAIG talking points and her form letter about her membership in MAIG basically echoing the MAIG talking points. Here I thought West Bend was a pretty conservative community.

Mayor Ratzlaff of Park Falls, sent to me the same MAIG talking points, but said if I had further information, he would review it. I sent to him several links and comments debunking the MAIG propaganda. Have not heard from him since.

No other mayor responded to me.

MOLON LABE!

Thank you.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Yes thank you! It is a heinous organization which has managed to hoodwink some otherwise well-intentioned and decent mayors across the country. Fortunately some of them have taken a closer look at it's agenda and have quit.

Why Mayor Blooming-idiot and his wannabe gestapo agents have not been brought up on charges for straw purchases is a mystery.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Yes thank you! It is a heinous organization which has managed to hoodwink some otherwise well-intentioned and decent mayors across the country. Fortunately some of them have taken a closer look at it's agenda and have quit.

Why Mayor Blooming-idiot and his wannabe gestapo agents have not been brought up on charges for straw purchases is a mystery.

Speaking of hoodwinking, I like how now this group says they support the second admendment...... Bloomberg and Daley must not have read Heller.

This what happens in Bloomberg's city when you carry for self-defense:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/ex-giants-wr-plaxico-burress-sentenced-to-2-year-begins-serving-jail-time-immediately/1?loc=interstitialskip

oofdah

imported post

Watertown Mayor Ron Krueger was a member of MAIG as well. I received a letter from the NRA informing me of this, and before I had a chance to write him a letter expressing my disappointment, he swiftly wrote a "Voice of the People" explaining that he had withdrawn from the organization upon further review of it... stating that there were certain things about the organization that he did not support.

I have to lend the guy some credit for that.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

oofdah wrote:
Watertown Mayor Ron Krueger was a member of MAIG as well. I received a letter from the NRA informing me of this, and before I had a chance to write him a letter expressing my disappointment, he swiftly wrote a "Voice of the People" explaining that he had withdrawn from the organization upon further review of it... stating that there were certain things about the organization that he did not support.

I have to lend the guy some credit for that.
Yes, I think we should give recognition and thanks to those who are honest enough to withdraw "after further review."

Stoney-Point

imported post

I'm a little skeptical of anyone who jumps into something as contoversial as this...without reviewing it first to know exactly what they are getting into.

Could save a lot of back peddling and explaining later on if you do your research up front.

But, such is the way for politicians. Do what you feel would boost your image without worrying about the actual substance is.