• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comparing gun owners, hunters to terrorists

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Anti-gunners, anti-hunters compare gun owners, hunters to terrorists

Dave Workman wrote:
It is not clear how long Wood has lived on Deer Lagoon, but it may be a safe bet the duck hunters were there first. Hunters have been called murderers, barbarians, cowards and a few things you would not want repeated in front of your mother, and now they can add being compared to a terrorist. It is always educational to let anti-hunters speak.

Ahhhh, I don't see that Frances Wood actually compared hunters to terrorists.

She did use a non-sequitur in this part of his screed, which doesn't make any sense. And her "sniper" description is truly absurd.

But I just don't see the "compared" charge sticking.

Frances Wood:

As I write this, I’m reminded of the tragedy of 9/11 when the United States was attacked in a new way and many of us felt our homeland being gravely wounded. My sons live in New York, and one of them watched the towers collapse. Since that life-changing day, our government has spent billions to bring back a sense of security, give us back our homeland.

Here on Whidbey, we enjoy a rich and peaceful homeland and a precious sense of personal security. Yet, beginning next month, we will knowingly allow snipers to fire holes into our homeland.

At Deer Lagoon, a few hunters — an informal count indicates there are four or five regulars — will disturb the quiet lives of those who live nearby and unwittingly disrupt some of the richest bird habitat in our county.

During duck-hunting season, it’s not just the ducks that die.

Metalhead47

imported post

:banghead::cuss::banghead::what::what:

?!? Ok so how does one get into duck hunting anyway? I've never been but now I wanna go pop a few mallards just to piss this birch off.

3/325

imported post

Check her freezer for 1) Animals that were killed by other people, and 2) Produce that was planted and harvested at the expense of habitats and prairie critters. And all of it brought to her local store by corporations and shipping agents that pollute the environment, burn fossil fuel, and leave a megaton carbon footprint every day.

Few things piss me off more than a smugly condemning self-righteous hypocrite.

Frances nees to shut his/her pie hole.