• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Speaking of Glenn Beck

DEROS72

imported post

Glenn Beck is speaking at Safeco on Sat.The left is planning to bus in protestors.Anyone want to OC with me downtown on Saturday...?I go downtown a couple times a month anyway (meet J213 for lunch etc),and no I'm not calling the cops and asking permission.

Pavegunner

imported post

I'm driving my father up from Vancouver to attend.

Wish I could carry inside UNSAFECO. I heard theypat search routinely. I can can see them doing alot more atthe Glenn Beck show. It's not worth the risk.

DEROS72

imported post

I just wanty to go and see what the left wackos are bussing in...Although I do like Genn Beck But I can't carry into Safeco.Although I have carried twice into Qwest with out an issue.

Pavegunner

imported post

I just read homeland security issued an alert for a madrid-style hit happening with up to 12 unknowns at hotels, transits, and get this - - stadiums.

Guess I'll have to find someacorn protesters to hide behindif any shooting starts.

eBratt

imported post

In the past they simply look at bags on the way in and may pull you out if they suspect something. I don't know whether they will be doing anything different for this event or not.

swatspyder

imported post

Glenn Beck Is Coming! By Bob Clark | 09/22/09 | 06:31 PM EDT | 2 Comments Latest posts from your county * March on Washington was a "Teachable Moment" * Rick Larsen Votes for ACORN! * Record August Unemployment in Washington State * Regulatory 'Czar' Confirmed Despite Kooky Views * Dino Rossi Endorses Susan Fagan for 9th... more » Is Glenn Beck Driving Local Far Left Democrats Nuts? Police in Mt. Vernon are getting ready for any confrontation between leftwing radical Democrats and tea party supporters of Glenn Beck as he arrives this Saturday to receive the keys to the city of Mt. Vernon from Mayor Bud Norris. Tea Party fans of Beck are beginning to organize themselves to counter the wing nut Democrats. Here is the e-mail that was sent out to Democrats all over King, Pierce, Snohomish and Skagit Counties that started this fight: Mount Vernon, Wash.—The Young Democrats of Skagit County calls on the community to demonstrate against Mayor Bud Norris giving Glenn Beck the key to the city. The demonstration will be held outside of McIntyre Hall 2501 East College Way at Skagit Valley College on Saturday, September 26 at 5:30 p.m. PDT. The message of the protests is, “Hate isn’t a Skagit Valley value.” Here was the response from the Tea Party Organizers: Action Alert!!! They are trying to ‘shoot the messenger ‘!!! GLENN BECK STANDS UP FOR US AND IT IS TIME FOR US TO STAND UP FOR GLENN BECK! Tea Party Patriots and 912'ers please rally round WE MUST HAVE A SHOW OF FORCE FOR TRUTH!!! The Mt Vernon Tea Party group has put out a desperate call for help to counter the mounting protest at the Glenn Beck ceremony where he will receive the “Key to the City” Saturday September 26th, at McIntyre Hall at Skagit Valley College! The young democrats have placed a ¼ page ad in the Skagit Valley Herald calling for folks to protest against Glenn Beck at McIntyre Hall receiving the “Keys to the City”. Where & When: Skagit Valley College McIntyre Hall Saturday September 26th 5:00pm (1/2 hour before the anti-Beck protesters get there) Please, make a sign, get a piece of construction paper, keep it simple, make it bold and stay on topic! News media from around the nation have picked up the story including the New York Times, the Huffington Post, the Bellingham Herald, the Boston Herald, Air America, KOMO 4, KING 5, the Seattle Times, Q13 Fox, the awful Everett Herald and the Skagit Valley Herald. Beck will travel to Mt. Vernon after appearing before a crowd at Safeco Field: Link. I understand that Glenn Beck’s appearance may set a record for attendance at this sort of event in Safeco Field. I stand corrected Tickets are still available. Have fun everybody and don’t forget to bring your gas masks because I understand that some really weird folks are being bused up to Mt. Vernon by the Demo wing nuts!
http://www.redcounty.com/glenn-beck-coming

You can meet up at Skagit Valley College afterward... Where & When: Skagit Valley College McIntyre Hall Saturday September 26th 5:00pm (1/2 hour before the anti-Beck protesters get there)