• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights Rally in Salem MO

patriotthad

imported post

Well, Iattended and spoke at the Gun Rights Rally in Salem MOlast night. The event was hosted by "Patriots For The Constitution". We had approximately 60 people presentand all seemed to enjoy themselves except for one man. He laughed at and disrupted many of the speakers. It seemed that his whole purpose in life was to be a jerk. I was glad that he was there because he showed us what idiots the other side are. Also good to meet fellow OCers such as brundog. Only had a few OCers and several CCers

Broondog

imported post

yes it was a good meeting. i'm glad that some good information was presented to refute the mis-information. i really can't believe how many people still believe that Blair-Holt HR-45 is an ominous threat. i have a sideways eye on that one but i don't believe it will get anywhere now, just as it has died the past 10 times it has been introduced.

i enjoyed all of the speakers and their stories, opinion and facts. the preacher who spoke last was a bit over the top for me, but then again i am not a religious man, so i just respected him as another viewpoint and left it at that.

i don't really know what to think of that one guy. one part of me thinks he was an anti who was just there to cause a bit of a stir, and another part thinks that he was just one of those types that has to argue about everything in life to keep himself happy. :question: either way, there were plenty of folks who were disgusted with him even though he was exercising his 1A rights, myself included. hey, to each his own, right?

my friend that couldn't come told me today that she interested in having our own rally locally. if it gets off of the ground i will let one and all know.

and maybe next time i will carry my Sig P229. would that be more acceptable than a Glock? ;)

Broondog

imported post

patriotthad wrote:
1911 VS Glock :banghead:The war rages on!
it's cool man. to each their own. i won't knock your choice if you don't knock mine.

it's the same thing with the AR vs AK war. i could venture a guess as to which side you are on, and i'd bet we disagree there too.