Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Guns Allowed in Buffalo Wild Wings

Post imported post

As we know, Buffalo Wild Wings bans guns in their restaurants.

Here's a picture from the Newport News Store:

Anyway, four police officers visited the Newport News location recently. Here's what one of them posted on arfcom:
    BWW in Newport News

I guess I should have paid better attention to previous posts about his place. Three officers and myself got back from the gun show and decided to get some wings. When we seen the big sign on the door saying "no guns allowed" we were all shocked. On of my buddies went inside and asked for the manager and asked him about the sign. He said "it does not apply to you guys". My friend said "the hell it doesn't, I am not eating in a place that discriminates against lawful CCW holders". He then said we are going to go back to our departments and tell every officer to avoid this place. The managers jaw dropped as we walked out. He followed up to the parking lot explaining that it does not apply to officers. We all looked at him and said "it is discrimination, and we will not stand for it. We will take ours and others officers business elsewhere". We left with a big grin on our faces as he was still in the parking lot. That is their loss...We are never going back until they change policy...
    Link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...4&t=378560

FWIW, I've met this officer at a local range, and he seems typical of officers I know -- good guys and pro-gun.

Every orchard has a few bad apples. Let's remember to not let the missteps of a few color the entire profession.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Appreciate the post and the officer's super response. Good news and positive statements from LEOs are too seldom reported here.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Did you hear this or did it come from one of the AR people?

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I was not present when it occurred.

It was posted by rc109a on ar15.com (aka arfcom), who is a police officer that I've met.

Post imported post

DrMark wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    I was not present when it occurred.

It was posted by rc109a on ar15.com (aka arfcom), who is a police officer that I've met.

I'll be damned...I can still log in. Thought I got banned

That adds some credibility to it...not that I wouldn't believe some posters at AR15

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    One of the AR people? I own a Bushmaster does that make me an "AR people"?

Is that like some disease or something?

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    One of the AR people? I own a Bushmaster does that make me an "AR people"?

Is that like some disease or something?
    AR15.com...

seems I remember one on the General section announcing the military was going house to house looking for weapons. What do you expect..The moderator was a Tax Lawyer:X

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    AR15.com...

seems I remember one on the General section announcing the military was going house to house looking for weapons. What do you expect..The moderator was a Tax Lawyer:X
    The General Discussion Forum there should be labeled "For Entertainment Purposes Only."

I linked to the VA Hometown Forum, which is more closely moderated.

Post imported post

Great story!

Does anyone know if that is their corporate policy? I've OC'd without issue to the one in Blacksburg.

Post imported post

Awesome post there, Mark!
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

That is really cool. I always appreciate officers who realize that they are people like everyone else.

Post imported post

I would really like to thank those Newport News LEOs in person. That is a WONDERFUL thing that happened and looks to have made a lasting impression upon the manager.

Semper Paratus

msc
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

appreciate the cops support but the restraunt isn't discriminating against ccw/chp holders as it is illegal to carry concealed there. they are disriminating against open carriers.

Post imported post

Kudos to that officer and others like him.

67GT390FB wrote:
    appreciate the cops support but the restaurant isn't discriminating against ccw/chp holders as it is illegal to carry concealed there. they are discriminating against open carriers.
    Actually they are discriminating against non-sworn personnel.
    In other states that don't require OC in places that serve alcohol BWW has the same prohibition.

I believe BWW policy is National policy,yrs agoIwas asked to leave my firearm in the car @ a BWW in LV, NV.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    appreciate the cops support but the restraunt isn't discriminating against ccw/chp holders as it is illegal to carry concealed there. they are disriminating against open carriers.
    Good catch - still I think the message is clear - No Guns in BWW.

IMO they are discriminating against all gun owners that chose to be responsibile for their own safety.

Maybe a little more "polishing" of the LEO's phraseology is needed - their intent was good though.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Maybe we should all print out copies of the cartoon in this thread and when we see signs like this, stick a copy on the door right next to the sign. It would certainly entertain a few customers who saw it until the manager took it down, and eventually the management might see how stupid it is when people come in the store laughing at them...

A little double sided tape should do the trick!

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Maybe we should all print out copies of the cartoon in this thread and when we see signs like this, stick a copy on the doorcovering their sign. It would certainly entertain a few customers who saw it until the manager took it down, and eventually the management might see how stupid it is when people come in the store laughing at them...

TFred
    There... Fixed it for ya.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    Maybe we should all print out copies of the cartoon in this thread and when we see signs like this, stick a copy on the doorcovering their sign. It would certainly entertain a few customers who saw it until the manager took it down, and eventually the management might see how stupid it is when people come in the store laughing at them...

TFred
    There... Fixed it for ya.
    Ha ha, yeah, but if you didn't leave the stupid sign visible for people to see, they wouldn't understand why the joke is so funny!

TFred

Post imported post

Good Point, TFred. I figured most of their customers must be repeat customers.
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Ha ha, yeah, but if you didn't leave the stupid sign visible for people to see, they wouldn't understand why the joke is so funny!
    Methinks that most of them still wouldn't get it.

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I wouldn't go to BWW anyway. Ihave friends/coworkers that either waited forever (2+ hours) for their food and others that got food poisoning. I miss Wings-to-Go!!!!

I tried another wing restaurant, the Wingzone, on Oyster Point near Warwick and they were ok AND I have OC-ed there twice (picking up/waiting for wings) with no issues. :-)

It is nice to know that there are LEO out there that don't think of armed citizenry as fat-leo-wanna-bees-that-are-compensating-for-something. :-)

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    I wouldn't go to BWW anyway. Ihave friends/coworkers that either waited forever (2+ hours) for their food and others that got food poisoning. I miss Wings-to-Go!!!!

I tried another wing restaurant, the Wingzone, on Oyster Point near Warwick and they were ok AND I have OC-ed there twice (picking up/waiting for wings) with no issues. :-)

It is nice to know that there are LEO out there that don't think of armed citizenry as fat-leo-wanna-bees-that-are-compensating-for-something. :-)
    Whatga say, young fellow? None of my guns are compensated.

I do carry for compensation though. I'm not mug proof, my arms are only 30" long, I can't run like I used to, I've not bullet or knife proof and I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound - so I compensate - thanking the 2nd Amend, Sam Colt and JMB for the ability to do so effectively.

More to the point, I do not like greasy chicken wings.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    45acpForMe wrote:
    Whatga say, young fellow? None of my guns are compensated.

I do carry for compensation though. I'm not mug proof, my arms are only 30" long, I can't run like I used to, I've not bullet or knife proof and I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound - so I compensate - thanking the 2nd Amend, Sam Colt and JMB for the ability to do so effectively.

More to the point, I do not like greasy chicken wings.

Yata hey
    Well some of us need to compensate for something.I tend to hang to the left :celebrateso a gun on my right hip allows me to walk straight. (That is why I got the all steel version for added weight)

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    45acpForMe wrote:
    Well some of us need to compensate for something.I tend to hang to the left :celebrateso a gun on my right hip allows me to walk straight. (That is why I got the all steel version for added weight)
    If you cast your own Bullets, that's easy to fix.

If you hang to the left, get some wheelweights from a truck in Arkansas. Guaranteed to pull right.

Of course it could cause you to hang too far right so just mix in some Massachusetts wheel weights (careful, a little goes a long way) They'll pull you back.:?

Post imported post

The wings at Hooters aren't bad... Bridget likes to go there to eat wings. I do my best not to stare at the staff...

(unknown 'gun~writer')

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast