• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Guns Allowed in Buffalo Wild Wings

45acpForMe

imported post

I wouldn't go to BWW anyway. Ihave friends/coworkers that either waited forever (2+ hours) for their food and others that got food poisoning. I miss Wings-to-Go!!!!

I tried another wing restaurant, the Wingzone, on Oyster Point near Warwick and they were ok AND I have OC-ed there twice (picking up/waiting for wings) with no issues. :)

It is nice to know that there are LEO out there that don't think of armed citizenry as fat-leo-wanna-bees-that-are-compensating-for-something. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I wouldn't go to BWW anyway. Ihave friends/coworkers that either waited forever (2+ hours) for their food and others that got food poisoning. I miss Wings-to-Go!!!!

I tried another wing restaurant, the Wingzone, on Oyster Point near Warwick and they were ok AND I have OC-ed there twice (picking up/waiting for wings) with no issues. :)

It is nice to know that there are LEO out there that don't think of armed citizenry as fat-leo-wanna-bees-that-are-compensating-for-something. :)
Whatga say, young fellow? None of my guns are compensated. :D

I do carry for compensation though. I'm not mug proof, my arms are only 30" long, I can't run like I used to, I've not bullet or knife proof and I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound - so I compensate - thanking the 2nd Amend, Sam Colt and JMB for the ability to do so effectively.

More to the point, I do not like greasy chicken wings.

Yata hey

45acpForMe

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
Whatga say, young fellow? None of my guns are compensated. :D

I do carry for compensation though. I'm not mug proof, my arms are only 30" long, I can't run like I used to, I've not bullet or knife proof and I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound - so I compensate - thanking the 2nd Amend, Sam Colt and JMB for the ability to do so effectively.

More to the point, I do not like greasy chicken wings.

Yata hey
Well some of us need to compensate for something.I tend to hang to the left :celebrateso a gun on my right hip allows me to walk straight. :lol: (That is why I got the all steel version for added weight)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
Well some of us need to compensate for something.I tend to hang to the left :celebrateso a gun on my right hip allows me to walk straight. :lol: (That is why I got the all steel version for added weight)
If you cast your own Bullets, that's easy to fix.

If you hang to the left, get some wheelweights from a truck in Arkansas. Guaranteed to pull right.

Of course it could cause you to hang too far right so just mix in some Massachusetts wheel weights (careful, a little goes a long way) They'll pull you back.:?

45acpForMe

imported post

peter nap wrote:
If you hang to the left, get some wheelweights from a truck in Arkansas. Guaranteed to pull right.

Of course it could cause you to hang too far right so just mix in some Massachusetts wheel weights (careful, a little goes a long way) They'll pull you back.:?
My political views had me leaning right but to walk straight I still need to OC on my right hip to fully compensate.

45acpForMe

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
The wings at Hooters aren't bad... Bridget likes to go there to eat wings. I do my best not to stare at the staff...

:cool:

While I do NOT like the hooter wings, I need to make a trip. While I was married the restaurant was off limits to me and I haven't broken the habit since my divorce. I guess I will have to suffer through the food though. I did see some Hooters girls at Chipotle grill after the gun show. If I could only predict their visit to Chipotle I could have good food and a view. :lol:

So I assume Hooters is OC friendly? I may skip OC-ing though to wash those bad wings down with a beer or two.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
The wings at Hooters aren't bad... Bridget likes to go there to eat wings. I do my best not to stare at the staff...

While I do NOT like the hooter wings, I need to make a trip. While I was married the restaurant was off limits to me and I haven't broken the habit since my divorce. I guess I will have to suffer through the food though. I did see some Hooters girls at Chipotle grill after the gun show. If I could only predict their visit to Chipotle I could have good food and a view. :lol:

So I assume Hooters is OC friendly? I may skip OC-ing though to wash those bad wings down with a beer or two.
Ask for the wings w/o the grease poured over them - yes they do that to make them juicier - just like Wendy's used to do with their hamburgers. Blah!

Yata hey

darthmord

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

I feel for you. My wife told me after we were married that she still expected me to look; that marriage didn't mean I was dead. I was before and was still after, a red blooded male. She also said she would be highly upset if I didn't look.

The rule was that of window shopping. I could look but not touch. Nowadays, she points out the good looking ones she thinks I didn't notice. :D

Riana

imported post

darthmord wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

I feel for you. My wife told me after we were married that she still expected me to look; that marriage didn't mean I was dead. I was before and was still after, a red blooded male. She also said she would be highly upset if I didn't look.

The rule was that of window shopping. I could look but not touch. Nowadays, she points out the good looking ones she thinks I didn't notice. :D
See, now my husband thinks I'm odd for feeling that way about him looking. I explained, that if I tell him he can't enjoy the view (of other female forms), then I can't enjoy the view (of other male forms). Fair is fair, after all. So he can look to his heart's content. I know where he sleeps at night. :cool:

Last time we went to Hooter's was after the most recent gun show with a friend. We split a huge plate of wings, and an order of deep-fried pickles. My son was violently ill later (trust me - hot wings is very high on the list of things you don't want coming back up - poor kid), so now he refuses to go there, even just to ogle the waitresses (he's only 10, but he's a red-blooded all-American boy, that's for sure).

As for me, the wings were only so-so. I've had better. And the scenery? They don't have anything I haven't seen. :lol:

Thndr

imported post

On a similar note I have seen this:

Buffalo Wild Wings is Anti-Gun!
Boycott Buffalo Wild Wings!!

As a sig at the bottom of a LEO from NV's posts in the CopTalk sub-forum on glocktalk.

Jero1987

imported post

Was told to put my gun in my car at the BWW in lynchburg VA about an hour ago. The manager said that only uniformed officiers could carry. I tipped well to the nice waitress, whom said she had no issue with it. On my way out I noted that they have no sign regarding their policy.
Im not going back.

James

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jero, if you'd used the http://friendorfoe.us site or done a site search in here you'dhave been forewarnedthat Buffalo Wild Wings in Lynchburgis not carry friendly. I had an issue there back in June, 2008 and I've never been back. I've spent enough $ at BW-3 through the years, so hopefully it's enough to keep'em going, because they'll never get another dime of money with their policy.

I just look forward to the restaurant closing because of all of the fights and such. See below, it is my report from last year.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=12615&forum_id=54&highlight=buffalo+wild+wings+lynchburg

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nuc65 there's all kinds of places in Lynchburg that are OC friendly. I'll set up something when I get back to VA from doing Thanksgiving in Ohio.

Anyone got issues with the Neighbor's Place? The staff know me and I think all the managers know me by name and know both me and the wife carry there generally a couple times a week for the past 2 years (well me for the past 2 years anyway). La Caretta is carry friendly too.... Heck nearly everywhere is, with a couple of exceptions.

Chkultr

imported post

We all know that the Newport News, Chesapeake, and the Redmill Commons store all have a no guns sign on the front door.

I was just at the Landstown Commons (my favorite B Dubs location). Not sure if they are ok with it, but NO Sign and NO problems this past Saturday! So far!

IMAG0009.jpg
IMAG0009.jpg