• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Lock and Load" Showtime's New Cable Reality Show Premieres 10/21

noname762

imported post

DynoLA wrote:
Maybe some episodes will find their way onto youtube. 

The LOCK 'N LOAD show with R LEE ERMEY on the History Channel is no doubt the better show. Its NOT one of those fakey BS reality programs. Besides who wouldn't want the ole Gunnys job??? ME ME ME ! ! !

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Ahaha, just saw a clip of it on The Soup. Old lady pulls out a ton of knives, says her husband is her third, the other two died.

Punchline:
"Don't get the wrong idea, her first 2 husbands died accidentally. They forgot to carry guns."

B

Bikenut

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
NoHadji wrote:
Thanks I will have to TIVO that. Damn a couple of hot chicks in there. I wish I could meet a 9 or 10 that actually liked guns.

Well, perhaps you can find a cutie and turn her into a "gun gal."

I took a really good handgun class in McKean, PA back in July. Two of the women in there were extremely good looking - one was so striking I couldn't stop looking at her - and I had to turn my head! She was married, but hey - she had to be single at one time or another...
After the range portion of a CC class I was sitting across the table from 2 good looking lady students and having a bit of a "chat" with them. Our lead instructor said something to everyone there and I didn't hear him and kept on "chatting".... he finally got annoyed and loudly asked me, by name, to shut up. And I turned to him and said:

Hey! I'm trying to get a date here! Do you mind?

And the whole room erupted in laughter.......

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Overtaxed wrote:
NoHadji wrote:
Thanks I will have to TIVO that. Damn a couple of hot chicks in there. I wish I could meet a 9 or 10 that actually liked guns.

Well, perhaps you can find a cutie and turn her into a "gun gal."

I took a really good handgun class in McKean, PA back in July. Two of the women in there were extremely good looking - one was so striking I couldn't stop looking at her - and I had to turn my head! She was married, but hey - she had to be single at one time or another...
After the range portion of a CC class I was sitting across the table from 2 good looking lady students and having a bit of a "chat" with them. Our lead instructor said something to everyone there and I didn't hear him and kept on "chatting".... he finally got annoyed and loudly asked me, by name, to shut up. And I turned to him and said:

Hey! I'm trying to get a date here! Do you mind?

And the whole room erupted in laughter.......
Ahaha!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Knowing a gun shop owner personally, and spending a lot of time in said shop, I can definitely relate to this show. There really are all types of people that come in there, and a lot of them that you'd never expect. We're constantly telling stories to each other about the various, cool, weird, funny, attractive, odd, and crazy people we meet. Making a TV show about it seems like a great idea!

Hopefully it'll be good and not too detrimental to the image of gun owners in general.

Overtaxed

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Knowing a gun shop owner personally, and spending a lot of time in said shop, I can definitely relate to this show.  There really are all types of people that come in there, and a lot of them that you'd never expect.  We're constantly telling stories to each other about the various, cool, weird, funny, attractive, odd, and crazy people we meet.  Making a TV show about it seems like a great idea!

Hopefully it'll be good and not too detrimental to the image of gun owners in general.

The "lead character" in the span of two episodes (the only two I've seen) told two different customers that "you don't have to aim" a shotgun in a home defense situation. During another interaction, he "settled" the 9mm vs. .45 debate by dramatically placing a pair of silly-looking sneakers on the counter and saying "a .45 ACP will blow someone right out of these." Hmmmm... perhaps if it's a +P load and the target is an anorexic midget... that doesn't know how to tie their laces...

It's still a cool show and it brings home the camaraderie that shooters have, and necessity of being armed, and how just plain fun time at the range can be.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Knowing a gun shop owner personally, and spending a lot of time in said shop, I can definitely relate to this show. There really are all types of people that come in there, and a lot of them that you'd never expect. We're constantly telling stories to each other about the various, cool, weird, funny, attractive, odd, and crazy people we meet. Making a TV show about it seems like a great idea!

The "lead character" in the span of two episodes (the only two I've seen) told two different customers that "you don't have to aim" a shotgun in a home defense situation. During another interaction, he "settled" the 9mm vs. .45 debate by dramatically placing a pair of silly-looking sneakers on the counter and saying "a .45 ACP will blow someone right out of these." Hmmmm... perhaps if it's a +P load and the target is an anorexic midget... that doesn't know how to tie their laces...

It's still a cool show and it brings home the camaraderie that shooters have, and necessity of being armed, and how just plain fun time at the range can be.
Sounds retarded. Think I'll pass.

Stupid is never a good thing.

Overtaxed

imported post

ixtow wrote:

Sounds retarded. Think I'll pass.

Stupid is never a good thing.
Exactly my point... Lock N Load should be considered "for entertainment only."

Statesman

imported post

The Brady Campaign is going to have a mad cow over this series.

"See? Look at all the crazy people that go in these stores to buy guns. Do you really want these people to be armed?"

Aside from the normalization of guns, which is a positive, this show is going to be ammunition for their propaganda campaign.

brboyer

imported post

Did you see the 11/7 episode? The asshat actually pointed a pistol at the front door and when a customer walked in he yells "Freeze". That could (should) have ended very badly for him in a couple different ways: Jail time or a dirt nap.

Overtaxed

imported post

brboyer wrote:
Did you see the 11/7 episode? The asshat actually pointed a pistol at the front door and when a customer walked in he yells "Freeze". That could (should) have ended very badly for him in a couple different ways: Jail time or a dirt nap.

Crikey - you're right - lots of unsafe muzzle sweeps in the show, too...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I suppose it's possible that they are butt heads of their own accord, but I do find it to be a stretch that gun shop owners and employees act this way without being instructed and paid to...

They say everyone has their price.

Total speculation. But it makes sense.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:

You have to remember the guy's also trying to make a sale, and probably not to someone who actually knows a thing or two about weapons. For instance, the gun shop I go to near Ft Bragg sells most of it's stock to military (duh) and anyone who has been in the service knows that just because someone's in the military doesn't make them a gun person. Just before I left for this deployment I stopped in to ask the owners about transfering and storing guns that I might buy through gunbroker.com during the deployment. After establishing that I was more than just some private looking to get a shotgun or random pistol because it's cool the guy became much more personable. I BSed with him about piston-operated ARs, he told me what his group buddies prefered, yada yada yada. Anywho, in the hour or so I was in there BSing with the guy I watched three different privates come in and ask about weapons for self defense, and I watched the guy use his best used car salesman speeches all three times convincing them to get some of the most expensive weapons he had on hand.

The point is, a gun seller might be a gun guy who is completely normal when talking to one of us, but he's also a salesman trying to profit off of the ignorant and is going to use a bit of theatrics to make the sale.

Overtaxed

imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
Overtaxed wrote:
The point is, a gun seller might be a gun guy who is completely normal when talking to one of us, but he's also a salesman trying to profit off of the ignorant and is going to use a bit of theatrics to make the sale.

Ah, but there's a difference between upselling to make the biggest "cha-ching" at the cash register, and giving advice that's an exaggeration at best (".45 ACP will blow a person out of their sneakers.") and dangerous at worst ("You don't even have to aim a shotgun.")

A prior poster also brought up a good point - how much of a reality show is "reality" and how much is scripted? The editing on this show is incredibly obvious, so it's entirely possible that the clerk's reaction shots were done when the actual customers weren't even there. Or perhaps certain patrons were taken aside and told by the producer(s) to modify what they said and do a re-take, or recite a performance that's written ahead of time.

Tweaker

imported post

I saw a show that was tremendous for our cause. I think it was called 30 days.

They sent an anti gun chick (she had a friend killed by guns) to live with a single father and his 14 y/o son for a month.

He had the best attitude I have evar seen about guns. He was a great example to his son, and her as well. They had her work in a gun store too!

She was a bit of a stereotypical bleeding heart, but I had to give her a ton of credit for going though all of the things like shooting skeet and more. She was so upset she cried for 1/2 the show. It was a great portrayal, and ended with her having a great understanding of our position. Somewhat entertaining as well.

http://www.tv.com/30-days/gun-nation/episode/1194173/summary.html?tag=;summary

Overtaxed

imported post

Tweaker wrote:
I saw a show that was tremendous for our cause. I think it was called 30 days.

They sent an anti gun chick (she had a friend killed by guns) to live with a single father and his 14 y/o son for a month.

He had the best attitude I have evar seen about guns. He was a great example to his son, and her as well. They had her work in a gun store too!

She was a bit of a stereotypical bleeding heart, but I had to give her a ton of credit for going though all of the things like shooting skeet and more. She was so upset she cried for 1/2 the show. It was a great portrayal, and ended with her having a great understanding of our position. Somewhat entertaining as well.

http://www.tv.com/30-days/gun-nation/episode/1194173/summary.html?tag=;summary
Yup... saw it too a while back on Hulu.
Excellent episode!