• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Canton safe?

THway

imported post

2 Officers Dead In Murder-Suicide
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- [/b]Two Detroit police officers died Tuesday in what is being called a murder-suicide.Canton police said witnesses reported seeing a man shoot a woman, and then himself, just after 9 a.m. in the parking lot that is shared by the Canton Public Library and the Canton Police Department.Detroit police homicide detective of 15 years, Edward Williams II, 36, and his wife, Patricia, a 33-year-old Detroit police officer, have been identified as the victims.

Police said there is domestic abuse in the couple's history and that Williams' wife came into the Canton Police Department Sunday to report an assault, but she refused to file a formal complaint.Canton police filed a detailed report of the abuse complaints against Edward Williams.Investigators said an anonymous third party called police at 9:30 a.m. Sunday about a possible domestic dispute at the couple's home on the 3500 block of Wall Street.When police arrived, nobody was home, but an alleged suicide note written by Edward Williams was found in the home, police sources told Local 4.The Canton police notified the Detroit police of the incident and a Detroit police commander stated that he had made contact with Edward Williams and that he was alright.

An acquaintance of the couple called police at 8:57 a.m. to report the two were on their way to the police department for a meeting. They arrived in different cars.Witnesses said the two got into an argument and that Williams shot his wife several times in the lot before getting back into his black Dodge Charger and shooting himself.The first panicked 911 call came into the Canton Police Department at 9:16 a.m."I need someone to get here quickly. We're going to need an ambulance," said one caller."Please, hurry, hurry, hurry. Please. We have to evacuate," another caller told a 911 operator."She's laying dead next to a van," one caller told a responder."Where's the gun?" asked the 911 operator. "I can't see, there are people all around the body," the last caller told the operator.Patricia Williams was pronounced dead at an area hospital immediately following the shooting.Edward Williams was on life support for most of the day but police confirmed his death late in the afternoon.The couple lived in Canton and were caretakers for Patricia Williams’ young child from a previous marriage to a Westland police officer.The Canton Public Library is closed for the day.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

I'm glad all they do is steal cars and shoot up houses here in Westland.

In Canton they cut peoples heads off, burn the body and dump it in Detroit.

Now we got Detroit cops coming to Canton to kill eachother......right next to the cop shop no less.

FV(K Canton!