• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are sitting ducks

FatboyCykes

imported post

Made a few phone calls. Warren City Council meets Tuesday nights @ 8, still trying to find out how often, once a month, bi-monthly, whatever. Maybe it's time for a few of us to show up and let our voices be heard. As far as I can tell, the meetings are held at or near the warren park and rec. center south of 14 mile, west of Mound. I see no reason why we would not be able to legally OC at the meeting.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=warren+MI+city+council+meeting&fb=1&gl=us&hq=city+council+meeting&hnear=warren+MI&cid=0,0,5792927283788486364&ei=Vmu6SpLQJZXJlQfNpIzaDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

FatboyCykes

imported post

10/13 and 10/27 are the next two meetings and apparently they meet every other week.

Not sure if I can make it on the 13, I might be able to, any other Warren residents or fellow OCer's wanna show for moral support?

eastmeyers

imported post

Well I live in Hazel Park. I don't see a problem with coming out with ya. Hopefully others come as well. I think everyone that lives in Warren, Ceter Line, Roseville, Detroit, Hazel Park, Serling Heights, Madison Heights, and anyone else whom spends alot of time in Warren should be their.

I for one am sick and tired of everytime I am on a walk with the dog and girlfriendI haveto put my shirt over my pistol as soon as I cross Dequender. I know I don't have to but the girlfriend isn't quite as strong as the dog, and am afraid of what might happen if I have to deal with PD and she has to deal with puppy.

I would also like to take this time to say that The City Of Hazel Park RULES! OC friendly! Either that or no one pays attention to anything around here, untill you cross dequender (takes you to Warren). I OC on walkds ALL the time, day and night. 3, 4, 5, miles sometimes. Nothing. I've had a wave. I got called on by Wendy's managment once, they came in talked to the manager, and never approched me, not once. They were motioning tords me but never came over, I ate my food and hung out for a minute, and left. Good to go! Go HPPD!

FatboyCykes

imported post

That's awesome to hear, I've OC'd several time in HP, and never had a problem, but I just figured it was a matter of time. Good to hear the Wendy's story though :)

Sounds like you live close to meh....I'm at about 9 and ryan/dequindre.

eastmeyers

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
That's awesome to hear, I've OC'd several time in HP, and never had a problem, but I just figured it was a matter of time. Good to hear the Wendy's story though :)

Sounds like you live close to meh....I'm at about 9 and ryan/dequindre.
I live on Meyers (8 1/2 mile) a few houses off of dequindre.

lapeer20m

imported post

I'm not so sure that WE are the sitting ducks. We have protections because we are law abiding citizens. THEY (the non-law abiding leo's, and their departments) are the ones who are truely vulnerable when an officer chooses to operate above the law.

I say you should hit em where it hurts, right in the pocketbook! I think civil suits are very powerful ammunition, and can be the best course of action when your rights are trampled on.

Once there are a few successful suits here in the great state of michigan it should get the attention of leo's their respective departments.

A great example is the case in NM. If i remember right, the guy didn't get arrested, ticketed, or charged with a crime and he still won his civil case.

eastmeyers

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
I say you should hit em where it hurts, right in the pocketbook! I think civil suits are very powerful ammunition, and can be the best course of action when your rights are trampled on.

Once there are a few successful suits here in the great state of michigan it should get the attention of leo's their respective departments.
Ditto