Thread: Seaport Village San Diego Meet 26SEP09

Post imported post

Ok due to bad planning on my part the BBQ has been postponed pending better planning. However we will still be meeting Saturday at 11:30 on the grass near the guy with all of the parrots at Seaport Village. Please let me know who is coming and if you will plan on being later thats ok because there is no time limit. We will socialize, discuss the cause and any other topics that arise. So please let me know so I have an idea of how many will be attending. Thank you.

Post imported post

Ill be there for about an hour at 11:30
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

its iffy on my part it depends when i get off work that day but i hopefully will see you all there, and if not Carry on
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

Turn out response is not looking good. I hope more people will come out and meet. Its always nice to meet the people you interact with on a daily basis.

Post imported post

Hello,
    Ok so we will e at Seaport village tomorrow at 11:30 on th grass by the guy with all the parrots. I will be in khaki cargo pants. Hope to see some of you there and I look forward to meeting some of you fellow OC'ers. my phone number if needed for tomorrow is 619-886-7262

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

The bolded? What's that mean? I am confused. Lol

Post imported post

Bolded?? What's that mean? I am confused?.....lol

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

He means, why would you put your phone number in a publicly accessible internet forum?

Post imported post

Because this number is for this purpose only.

Banned

Post imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
    Because this number is for this purpose only.
    One of those disposables like they give out for craigslist?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

How'd the meet go?

Post imported post

The meet went well. Chrisc411, SDPISTOLGRIP, and myself were there for an hour. We talked to a group of three and turn them to the Force. We also had two stalkers (harbor patrol). Theykept an eye on us but never approached us. On our way out we had to walk right by them within 10 feet. They didn't stop us but they did follow us to the parking lot. So all in all good meet up.

Post imported post

There's a Quiznos and Starbucks right by my house that I go to sometimes. There's a bike security guard who patrols the lot. If I'm UOCing and I see him come by, I usually wave and try to make conversation. He just says "Hello sir!" and rides along.

Don't be afraid to be friendly to security. It's best to dispel any thought of you being a hostile party than let them tail you in fear.

But, that's totally up to you. If they're jerks, best to leave them be...
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    The meet went well. Chrisc411, SDPISTOLGRIP, and myself were there for an hour. We talked to a group of three and turn them to the Force. We also had two stalkers (harbor patrol). Theykept an eye on us but never approached us. On our way out we had to walk right by them within 10 feet. They didn't stop us but they did follow us to the parking lot. So all in all good meet up.
    Awesome to hear that!!!

I want more LEOs to realize that a discretionarye-check isn't worth the time....

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

mjones wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:
    Awesome to hear that!!!

I want more LEOs to realize that a discretionarye-check isn't worth the time....
    Excellent experience. It could just be me, but I seem to think the organized meetups are seeing less police presence and them opting out of 12031e checks. This isa very good thing indeed. The more we represent all that is good with lawful and responsible gun ownership and carrythe less we'll be hassled by LEO's and anti-gunners in general. IMHO.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

The meet up was nice. Only 3 of us but that was OK. We had one group come over and ask questions and they were supportive. We had many people walk by and didn't even take a second look. The 2 Harbor Police in question were like to teenagers that just saw their first pair of uncovered boobs. They didn't know what to do. They wanted to come over so bad, but it was as if they weren't willing to take the risk of making that amendment violation...... It was rather amusing, but they stood back and watched, and then shortly after we all walked together to our cars. Safety in numbers.
    * side note: If you go to SeaPort Village in San Diego, take cash for parking. As they only take cash or check, and I had a rather embarrassing moment. By the way thanks For helping out guys.*

Post imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
    The meet up was nice. Only 3 of us but that was OK. We had one group come over and ask questions and they were supportive. We had many people walk by and didn't even take a second look. The 2 Harbor Police in question were like to teenagers that just saw their first pair of uncovered boobs. They didn't know what to do. They wanted to come over so bad, but it was as if they weren't willing to take the risk of making that amendment violation...... It was rather amusing, but they stood back and watched, and then shortly after we all walked together to our cars. Safety in numbers.
    * side note: If you go to SeaPort Village in San Diego, take cash for parking. As they only take cash or check, and I had a rather embarrassing moment. By the way thanks For helping out guys.*

Personally i thought they were just worried about them being out numbers just in case lol *No problem we got your back*
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

It was a great social visit. I look forward to our next outing. Also your retainer has been noted, and put on file.

Post imported post

Nice lol