• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seaport Village San Diego Meet 26SEP09

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Ok due to bad planning on my part the BBQ has been postponed pending better planning. However we will still be meeting Saturday at 11:30 on the grass near the guy with all of the parrots at Seaport Village. Please let me know who is coming and if you will plan on being later thats ok because there is no time limit. We will socialize, discuss the cause and any other topics that arise. So please let me know so I have an idea of how many will be attending. Thank you.

Chrisc411

imported post

its iffy on my part it depends when i get off work that day but i hopefully will see you all there, and if not Carry on

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Turn out response is not looking good. I hope more people will come out and meet. Its always nice to meet the people you interact with on a daily basis.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Hello,
Ok so we will e at Seaport village tomorrow at 11:30 on th grass by the guy with all the parrots. I will be in khaki cargo pants. Hope to see some of you there and I look forward to meeting some of you fellow OC'ers. my phone number if needed for tomorrow is 619-886-7262

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

He means, why would you put your phone number in a publicly accessible internet forum?

chewy352

imported post

The meet went well. Chrisc411, SDPISTOLGRIP, and myself were there for an hour. We talked to a group of three and turn them to the Force. We also had two stalkers (harbor patrol). Theykept an eye on us but never approached us. On our way out we had to walk right by them within 10 feet. They didn't stop us but they did follow us to the parking lot. So all in all good meet up.

demnogis

imported post

There's a Quiznos and Starbucks right by my house that I go to sometimes. There's a bike security guard who patrols the lot. If I'm UOCing and I see him come by, I usually wave and try to make conversation. He just says "Hello sir!" and rides along.

Don't be afraid to be friendly to security. It's best to dispel any thought of you being a hostile party than let them tail you in fear.

But, that's totally up to you. If they're jerks, best to leave them be...

mjones

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
The meet went well. Chrisc411, SDPISTOLGRIP, and myself were there for an hour. We talked to a group of three and turn them to the Force. We also had two stalkers (harbor patrol). Theykept an eye on us but never approached us. On our way out we had to walk right by them within 10 feet. They didn't stop us but they did follow us to the parking lot. So all in all good meet up.

Awesome to hear that!!!

I want more LEOs to realize that a discretionarye-check isn't worth the time....

coolusername2007

imported post

mjones wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

Awesome to hear that!!!

I want more LEOs to realize that a discretionarye-check isn't worth the time....
Excellent experience. It could just be me, but I seem to think the organized meetups are seeing less police presence and them opting out of 12031e checks. This isa very good thing indeed. The more we represent all that is good with lawful and responsible gun ownership and carrythe less we'll be hassled by LEO's and anti-gunners in general. IMHO.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

The meet up was nice. Only 3 of us but that was OK. We had one group come over and ask questions and they were supportive. We had many people walk by and didn't even take a second look. The 2 Harbor Police in question were like to teenagers that just saw their first pair of uncovered boobs. They didn't know what to do. They wanted to come over so bad, but it was as if they weren't willing to take the risk of making that amendment violation...... It was rather amusing, but they stood back and watched, and then shortly after we all walked together to our cars. Safety in numbers.
* side note: If you go to SeaPort Village in San Diego, take cash for parking. As they only take cash or check, and I had a rather embarrassing moment. By the way thanks For helping out guys.*

Chrisc411

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
The meet up was nice. Only 3 of us but that was OK. We had one group come over and ask questions and they were supportive. We had many people walk by and didn't even take a second look. The 2 Harbor Police in question were like to teenagers that just saw their first pair of uncovered boobs. They didn't know what to do. They wanted to come over so bad, but it was as if they weren't willing to take the risk of making that amendment violation...... It was rather amusing, but they stood back and watched, and then shortly after we all walked together to our cars. Safety in numbers.
* side note: If you go to SeaPort Village in San Diego, take cash for parking. As they only take cash or check, and I had a rather embarrassing moment. By the way thanks For helping out guys.*

Personally i thought they were just worried about them being out numbers just in case lol *No problem we got your back*