Thread: Anyone have any experience with this kind of ammo?

Post imported post

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...;prodID=CC3970

It's like having a shotgun shell in my .40 cal Glock...kinda.

Post imported post

Lol, I've got a friend in Florida who works for and just so happens to recommend using this stuff instead...

http://www.magsafeonline.com/

Post imported post

My brother has a few small boxes of those shotshell rounds in .38/.357

It's not much use for self defense, there just isn't enough energy behind it. Very practical for something such as snakeshot though.

Post imported post

I've used this type of ammo before.

I believe it is potentially damaging to the rifling in the barrel but not 100% sure on this. Not something I'd use in a gun I cared about personally.

Post imported post

I have used this before. I DO NOT like it or trust it. I will NOT load it ever! Just for use when I go BS shooting outside for fun.

I packed it once, going camping, packed it in for the snakes in my 40.

I pulled the trigger, and NOTHING! Now it did work once I put it re cocked in back into the chamber, than it worked. But like I said I would never pack it again!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

I have tried this ammo in Glocks and it does not have enough power to cycle through the next cartridge.

Also the spread pattern was way too wide at a 7 yard target.

I could see using it to shoot a small varmit in the woods, but not for defensive purposes.

Post imported post

Worksenough to getresultson small game at close ranges. Will cycle my 1911 not my 92FS. Side note #12 wich is what is generally in those won't go through a coffe can.

Post imported post

I wasn't planning on using it for self defense (if I bought it). I was more or less curious if anyone had shot them, and what they thought.

Post imported post

I've tried it. Cycled and patterned fine, but I have a hard time seeing a situation where I'd want it around here.

Maybe I'd use it if I was somewhere I was worried about snakes. But that's about it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I have not tried it, but will buy it next time I see it (.38 Spl). I have heard it works better in revolvers as semi-autos may not cycle. I believe it is for no more than 15 feet and pistol rifling may cause a spiral spray effect.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

"Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    Sorry this is off topic, everyone but PDinDetroit, please ignore, hey check your messages.
    I didn't see anything!

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    eastmeyers wrote:
    Sorry this is off topic, everyone but PDinDetroit, please ignore, hey check your messages.
    I didn't see anything!
    He had sent me a message that I missed! OOPS! Sorry!
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I've used it to let the kids shoot squirrels. 38. only. For self defense if you are concerned about accuracy, my wifes grandfather, who was a treasury agent, carried a round called "Scorpion Stingers" . It was a three projectile "hydra shok" 357. round. I have a box put up as a keepsake along with some other items he left her. The tiny shot sheels wont cycle any autos that I have in any chambering. I have them in 38. , 44. , and 22. long rifle. I shot a bat once with the 22. round from point blank and there wasn't much left. Just a big splotch on the wall. Boy did my wife pitch a fit!!!

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    I shot a bat once with the 22. round from point blank and there wasn't much left. Just a big splotch on the wall. Boy did my wife pitch a fit!!!
    LOL

Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless