• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of ammo?

Hendu024

imported post

My brother has a few small boxes of those shotshell rounds in .38/.357

It's not much use for self defense, there just isn't enough energy behind it. Very practical for something such as snakeshot though.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I've used this type of ammo before.

I believe it is potentially damaging to the rifling in the barrel but not 100% sure on this. Not something I'd use in a gun I cared about personally.

eastmeyers

imported post

I have used this before. I DO NOT like it or trust it. I will NOT load it ever! Just for use when I go BS shooting outside for fun.

I packed it once, going camping, packed it in for the snakes in my 40.

I pulled the trigger, and NOTHING! Now it did work once I put it re cocked in back into the chamber, than it worked. But like I said I would never pack it again!

budlight

imported post

I have tried this ammo in Glocks and it does not have enough power to cycle through the next cartridge.

Also the spread pattern was way too wide at a 7 yard target.

I could see using it to shoot a small varmit in the woods, but not for defensive purposes.

the500kid

imported post

Worksenough to getresultson small game at close ranges. Will cycle my 1911 not my 92FS. Side note #12 wich is what is generally in those won't go through a coffe can.

T Vance

imported post

I wasn't planning on using it for self defense (if I bought it). I was more or less curious if anyone had shot them, and what they thought.

Michigander

imported post

I've tried it. Cycled and patterned fine, but I have a hard time seeing a situation where I'd want it around here.

Maybe I'd use it if I was somewhere I was worried about snakes. But that's about it.

PDinDetroit

imported post

I have not tried it, but will buy it next time I see it (.38 Spl). I have heard it works better in revolvers as semi-autos may not cycle. I believe it is for no more than 15 feet and pistol rifling may cause a spiral spray effect.

rj3663

imported post

I've used it to let the kids shoot squirrels. 38. only. For self defense if you are concerned about accuracy, my wifes grandfather, who was a treasury agent, carried a round called "Scorpion Stingers" . It was a three projectile "hydra shok" 357. round. I have a box put up as a keepsake along with some other items he left her. The tiny shot sheels wont cycle any autos that I have in any chambering. I have them in 38. , 44. , and 22. long rifle. I shot a bat once with the 22. round from point blank and there wasn't much left. Just a big splotch on the wall. Boy did my wife pitch a fit!!!