Thread: OC CC?

Post imported post

So I can OC in Va......I know that, but if a situation arises where I want (need) to leave it in the Jeep??? Can I leave a loaded handgun locked in my trunk without it being a CC issue?

Post imported post

What Jeep do you have that has a trunk? I'd like to see this!

As long as you lock it up and the immediately (say, within 3-5 seconds of doing so) get out of the car (say, using the locking glove box/mounted safe/mounted ammo can), you're fine.

-AbNo (on Kendo's computer and account)

Also, I looked for a citation (or at least a quote) in the VA forums, but I can't seem to find it tonight. Can somoene help? :?

Post imported post

Kendo_Bunny wrote:

As long as you lock it up and the immediately (say, within 3-5 seconds of doing so) get out of the car (say, using the locking glove box/mounted safe/mounted ammo can), you're fine.

Also, I looked for a citation (or at least a quote) in the VA forums, but I can't seem to find it tonight. Can somoene help? :?
    Kendo, I've got a 2000 Wrangler. They offered a factory lockable trunk then, butI didn't like it, so I built my own removable trunk soI could still easily take it out and fold and tumble the rear seat when I need more cargo space.

Thanks for info on gun storage in vehicle. FYI, I'm over here in Centreville, Va. so I guess we breathe some of the same traffic exhaust now and then.

Post imported post

longshot wrote:
    Kendo_Bunny wrote:

Kendo, I've got a 2000 Wrangler. They offered a factory lockable trunk then, butI didn't like it, so I built my own removable trunk soI could still easily take it out and fold and tumble the rear seat when I need more cargo space.

Thanks for info on gun storage in vehicle. FYI, I'm over here in Centreville, Va. so I guess we breathe some of the same traffic exhaust now and then.
    ...and I would not leave a passenger in the jeep! Well, one without a CHP anyway. I am not saying that a cop would argue they are concealing a firearm as a passanger when there is no driver, but they might. Why leave that door open.