• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AL permit cost & Info for my iPhone application

steinm10

imported post

I'm working on my iPhone application, currently updating information for Alabama and am having a hard time finding permit cost and also some FAQ's I can post for users. Does anybody have a source or point me in the right direction for this info?

Any help is much appreciated.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Permit cost depends on county. Mine was 20USD. I think the highest I've seen is 25USD. Issue period is 1 year. For state permit law check CoA 13A-11-70 (or somewhere around there).

steinm10

imported post

Thank you kurtmax. I appreciate you taking the time. I'll check out that law. Any ideas where I can find some general FAQ's regarding carrying?

kurtmax_0

imported post

Prohibited places are listed in the CoA section a gave you. Basically just public gatherings (although it's much narrower than you probably think) are off-limits.

Alabama has very strong preemption. Google for the preemption statutes (there are two, and I don't remember them exactly). No locality can regulate handguns in any way even including regulation of discharge.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Can you plug in gps zones with the app? You would think that CA would like
having a phone that beeps when you approach a school zone. Unless
you are using the ignorense of a school defense.
But to enter all federal buildings, post offices, fed parks till Jan, etc so you can
check if ok to go in would be nice.

I find it amazing that I can download every bolt, satalite, rock and comet
within 100 million light years from us, there orbits and positions.
But I can't get a list of off limit buildings and places a mear 1000 feet from my
kids school. :lol:

steinm10

imported post

I plan on adding GPS functionality down the road. Great idea about beeping when you approach a school zone. I will definitely keep that in mind for future releases.