• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

University of Idaho Shotgun Raffle

idahoguy84

imported post

For those of you in the Moscow/Pullman area, here's a chance to support 2nd Amendment rights on campus and meet some fellow OC/CCers. The Idaho Student Chapter of the Federalist Society www.fed-soc.org, an national organization devoted to libertarian ideals, is holding a shotgun raffle for their fall fundraiser. Tickets are $10 for one or $15 for two, and the drawing is at 2:30 on Sept 30th, in Room 104 of the Menard Law Building. The winner will receive a brand new 12 gauge Remington 870 Express (MSRP $383) on site. (UI regulations allow students to bring unloaded, cased, trigger-locked firearms on campus). Contact the Federalist Society treasurer at sawm2474@vandals.uidaho.edu to purchase raffle tickets. I hope to see some of you there!

Check out the Facebook event for more info: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137594181323&index=1

4liberty

imported post

I wasn't so sure that an entity called "federalist society" could have libertarian views; but sure enough I went to their website and they sound great. Thanks for the info

idahoguy84

imported post

They're called the Federalist Society because they adopt the views of the writers of the Federalist Papers, who advocated the Constitution as establishing a small national government limited to the enumerated powers only, with the states remaining the primary government influence in citizen's lives. In fact, their symbol is an outline of James Madison.