Thread: PT's Pub, Fort Apache and Sunset

Post imported post

So I thought I'd go into this restuarant for a bite to eat after work. Had a rough day and ordered a drink to start out, and asked for a menu. I placed a 20$ bill on the bar, and before I could sit down I was asked for my ID, so I grabbed that out. The bar tendeder then said "so you're carring a firearm into my establishment?"

I replied "is that a problem?"

He asked "why do you carry a gun?"

I gave the regular "defend myself from harm, and my rights, etc"

he replied "are you a cop?"

me quite frankly"nope"

him "I'm not comfortable with you having a firearm in my establishment"

Had I not been through a rough day I might have challenged it, asked why, asked if cops are allowed, talked more. Instead I walked out with my money.

Arg. Maybe more to come.

Scott

Post imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
    So I thought I'd go into this restuarant for a bite to eat after work. Had a rough day and ordered a drink to start out, and asked for a menu. I placed a 20$ bill on the bar, and before I could sit down I was asked for my ID, so I grabbed that out. The bar tendeder then said "so you're carring a firearm into my establishment?"

me quite frankly"nope"

Had I not been through a rough day I might have challenged it, asked why, asked if cops are allowed, talked more. Instead I walked out with my money.

Arg. Maybe more to come.
    Why on earth would you have stayed to "challenge" the issue? It was simple enough. The man told you he was "not comfortable with you having a firearm" in his place.

He was asking you to leave or to remove the gun. Not a good tactic to argue withor "challenge" him in that situation. Just take one of the two options.

Your "rough day" is inconsequential to his policy.

P.S. Sorry you had a rough day, LLR.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Never had a problem OC at Sunset & Paradise (near airport), Spring Mountain & Arville, Jones & I-215 south, or Rainbow & Alta.

Tim

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Lostlittlerobot wrote:

me quite frankly"nope"

Arg. Maybe more to come.
    Why on earth would you have stayed to "challenge" the issue? It was simple enough. The man told you he was "not comfortable with you having a firearm" in his place.

He was asking you to leave or to remove the gun. Not a good tactic to argue withor "challenge" him in that situation. Just take one of the two options.

Your "rough day" is inconsequential to his policy.

P.S. Sorry you had a rough day, LLR.
    hey hank; did you read the whole thread??

the bartender was just a sheeple. he said he was uncomfortable.

nobody was asked to leave, or to remove the gun.

youre a state researcher, check your facts!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just got an email that Friday October 2 at 5:30 PM, there will be a 27th Birthday celebration for PT's pub at the Spring Mountain / Arville location. Oscar Goodman will be there to declare October 2 "PT's Day".

I will be there with my wife, and I'll be OC.

Tim