• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PT's Pub, Fort Apache and Sunset

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

So I thought I'd go into this restuarant for a bite to eat after work. Had a rough day and ordered a drink to start out, and asked for a menu. I placed a 20$ bill on the bar, and before I could sit down I was asked for my ID, so I grabbed that out. The bar tendeder then said "so you're carring a firearm into my establishment?"

I replied "is that a problem?"

He asked "why do you carry a gun?"

I gave the regular "defend myself from harm, and my rights, etc"

he replied "are you a cop?"

me quite frankly"nope"

him "I'm not comfortable with you having a firearm in my establishment"

Had I not been through a rough day I might have challenged it, asked why, asked if cops are allowed, talked more. Instead I walked out with my money.

Arg. Maybe more to come.

Scott

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
So I thought I'd go into this restuarant for a bite to eat after work. Had a rough day and ordered a drink to start out, and asked for a menu. I placed a 20$ bill on the bar, and before I could sit down I was asked for my ID, so I grabbed that out. The bar tendeder then said "so you're carring a firearm into my establishment?"

me quite frankly"nope"

Had I not been through a rough day I might have challenged it, asked why, asked if cops are allowed, talked more. Instead I walked out with my money.

Arg. Maybe more to come.

Why on earth would you have stayed to "challenge" the issue? It was simple enough. The man told you he was "not comfortable with you having a firearm" in his place.

He was asking you to leave or to remove the gun. Not a good tactic to argue withor "challenge" him in that situation. Just take one of the two options.

Your "rough day" is inconsequential to his policy.

P.S. Sorry you had a rough day, LLR.

1245A Defender

imported post

HankT wrote:
Lostlittlerobot wrote:

me quite frankly"nope"

Arg. Maybe more to come.

Why on earth would you have stayed to "challenge" the issue? It was simple enough. The man told you he was "not comfortable with you having a firearm" in his place.

He was asking you to leave or to remove the gun. Not a good tactic to argue withor "challenge" him in that situation. Just take one of the two options.

Your "rough day" is inconsequential to his policy.

P.S. Sorry you had a rough day, LLR.

hey hank; did you read the whole thread??

the bartender was just a sheeple. he said he was uncomfortable.

nobody was asked to leave, or to remove the gun.

youre a state researcher, check your facts!

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just got an email that Friday October 2 at 5:30 PM, there will be a 27th Birthday celebration for PT's pub at the Spring Mountain / Arville location. Oscar Goodman will be there to declare October 2 "PT's Day".

I will be there with my wife, and I'll be OC.

Tim