• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back OCing Again

FunkTrooper

imported post

It's been awhile since the last time I open carried mainly due to how many people had called the police on me two calls in one day and then to top it off a members girlfriend saw me on a bus and said I was creepy.

I really hate to think that I am scaring people. I don't dress badly, I keep clean shaven and although I may need a haircut I doubt it makes me look bad. So for awhile I have only been conceal carrying except however for today. I left relatively late to go to the store to get a few Items I needed to clean my computer and a broom for my kitchen floor. Before I left I strapped my serpa holster onto my belt and inserted my 1911. The walk to the store was uneventful and no one seemed to notice or care that I was wearing a gun on my hip.

By the time I left the store I was carrying a broom in my left hand while keeping my right hand free just in case (as I am a right handed shooter). It being dark and all I decided to wait and take the bus to a stop close to my apartment, however this stop happens to be on the local University's campus and I could be sure if someone dialed 911 I would get an unfriendly response. Getting on the bus was no trouble however as the driver gave a friendly nod after seeing my student ID, allowing me to take a seat.

As the bus lurched to a stop, I felt somewhat anxious. I was hoping I could just walk off campus without anyone freaking out that I was a campus shooter. I got off the bus and passed many people finally making it back to my apartment and I realized I didn't have any problems, no one followed me and the police never approached me. Could this have been a successful OC story, I'll know for sure tomorrow when I read the police logs.

Attached is a picture of a creepy looking guy in the area who is not me.

Vandal

imported post

Welcome back to the party. I think some of the "creepy" is that she is used to seeing me OC along with my roommate's, not anyone else. Maybe about time for an OC get together.