• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO and TGT BBQ

rodbender

imported post

I'm having a BBQ at my home for the guys at OpenCarry.org and TexasGunTalk.com. It appears thatnot manyare going to show so I am posting it here on the main forum page as well. It has beenon the Texas page for almost2 weeks now.Gubernatorial candidate,Debra Medina, will be there and we really need a good turn out.

www.medinafortexas.com

Below is a link to a map at mapquest, Googlemaps has it way down the road. Anyways, my place is between Hogeye and Uriah on the west side of the road.. Mapquest shows that Dry Creek Rd joins with Uriah and Suzette. It does not, so don’t try it.

Time: Saturday,Oct. 10th, 10AM - 6PM.

http://www.mapquest.com

Link wasn't working. Just go to the link and type in the address.

My address is:

1384 Upper Elgin River Rd. (Also known as County Rd 127)

Elgin, Tx 78621

Here’s the short list of rules.

1. There will be no unholstering except in 1 designated area.

2. This area will be roped off with a table for disassembly for demonstration and/or cleaning. Bring your own cleaning materials. (One person at a time. Don’t hog it.)

3. Anyone that unholsters outside of this area will be asked to leave.

4. Anyone that has a negligent/accidental discharge will be asked to leave if no injury or property damage. If property damage or injury results, you will be asked to relinquish your weapon until it is resolved.

5. Bring your long guns. They must be unloaded and will be for demonstration purposes only. Another tableWILL be set up for the long guns.

6. Bring a portable chair and/or table would probably help. I’ll have some.

7. Keep track of your stuff. If you leave it, it will be sold on Ebay. LOL. Not really, just contact me and if it is here I will try my best to get it to you.

8. [/b]No alcohol or drugs, period. [/b]

9.[/b]PM me with RSVP and how many in your party.

10. Open Carry will not be a requirement.[/b]

rodbender

imported post

Hey, guys and gals. Been watching the weather on http://www.weather.comfor Austin, Tx.and it doesn't look good. Looks as if it may rain all week and into Saturday. I'll let you folks make the call on whether to postpone or go ahead.

What do you say?

TehGruu

imported post

Well, I say we wait until closer to the end of the week. Someone made a post in the TX area that the weather should be clear if maybe a little cool.

-Gruu

TehGruu

imported post

Man, I'm getting excited guys! I got a couple of my buddies coming with me. Hey Rodbender, did you get around to talking to Medina yet?

-Gruu

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

In this discussion in the Texas forum I believe he said that she will be there!
I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys and Mrs. Medina as well!